translate

Friday 15 July 2016

HANDS TOGETHER (FRANCE) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


HANDS TOGETHER (FRANCE)

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Hands together just before bed

Words to comfort families for those who are now dead

What was the gain for this ocean of red

Anger and hatred

A soul poisoned so horrid

 Pointless

Hopeless

Actions of cowardice

Such a mess

And why?

This is what I don’t understand

We have been given such a perfect land

But we choose to cause pain

To me it’s insane

A young murderer had died

Echoes of his children who cried

 Forever without a father

And innocent lives

Needlessly slaughtered

Tonight I put my hands together and ask for world peace

So our hearts can feel love

And we walk safely in our streets

What did those people do to him?

His heart burnt and blood so thin

How could he do such a thing?

My thoughts are with those poor people in France

If only they were given another chance

I beg anyone with Mallis in your thoughts

Get rid of your pain, murder abort

Let’s join hands

And together calm the fires in our land

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: