translate

Friday 29 July 2016

DIARY OF ME AND MY IPHONE


It’s eleven in the evening. My dogs are in their bed my living room is so quiet apart from the gentle ticking of my red glass clock in the hall. My Son left the house to drive the two hours to the zoo this morning exactly twelve hours ago. I’m looking forward to hearing all about his day, but he is still out, he has let me know he is back in the area, but now I think he is in our town having a meal. He will be exhausted.

 

Tomorrow morning I’m dreading. The piano tuner is coming. Oh gosh, it’s down to me to sort that all out. So firstly the money, I will use Tap Tap See to sort that, on my IPod, thank goodness for that. It takes me forever to get it to read money, our tuner wants £65, a fortune. His prices have gone up by ten pounds since a year and a half ago. It’s been that long I’m sure since we last got it done. We have left it as long as possible. Oh the blooming noise is awful; I don’t know how the poor man stands it. He can play as well, some of you Bloggets may not know, but not all piano tuners can play piano! This guy is great, but he only gives a concert for the last three minutes, the first part, one hour and twenty seven minutes, is plonking pingging and banging.

And that’s just me in the kitchen? Haha.

 

It’s a good job I can trust him, because to be honest, I can tell it’s slightly out, but if he fixed it ever so slightly, I would be satisfied, but there is someone in this house who is totally pitch perfect and he notices if a fly is hovering over his keys.

 

Tap Tap See is a great application for the IPhone today I had two bottles for the bathroom. I held the phone or in my case for now, the IPod. It uses a camera so your Iphone or IPod has to have a good enough camera on it to work, so the Iphone 4 won’t work, but anything bought in the past three years will be fine. After a few words, and beeps, it works and tells you what it is.  Sometimes it will just say a green and white bottle for example, but today read. “Apple and pear shower gel. Then second bottle, the make of the shampoo and fragrance. It took to read both bottles about two and a half minutes. So if you can see, it would have took about two seconds, so those of us who can’t, we really do have to have patients. But thank goodness for it, same as to get £60 of the 65 I needed for the piano tuner, it took about a minute to learn I had three twenties. Sometimes it reads the words out to you, bank note, well, I know that… I want to know the number, and it does read it sometimes eventually, immediately. When I’m doing the washing, each and every single item I check, I used to remember most of our clothes, but now my memory of them is fading, so by the end of my wash days I’m exhausted, but again, Tap Tap See makes it possible to differentiate whites from darks like reds.

   

Another application you can get on your IPhone is called KNFB. It is brilliant, Hub has it on his phone. It reads the mail. Even I have had a go and it reads well.

 

Other applications I have heard about for those of us who can’t see is Ivoice translator. You speak into the phone and it translates I think over sixty languages and it’s very inexpensive at about £1. Siri is free with Iphone 4s and above. You just ask your phone a question and a voice will answer you do web searches and so on.

Lots of things out there, but treatment to give us sight will be the best thing we can even dream about. Hopefully our dream will turn into reality soon?

 

My little Hennery vacuum is broken, honestly, it’s something every single few weeks in this life. If it’s not our shower, it’s our bath, if it’s not the bath, it’s the garage door then the microwave and the electrics as well as a leak in our ceiling.

 

Hennery is great on hard floors, but he keeps fallen over. Seriously, he is like a drunk on a Friday night. But bless him, he still has his smiling face.

 

Just found out that Hub is going to Ireland with his job. I wonder how the little fella will cope with a flight?

 

Until next time with love. X

No comments: