translate

Sunday 17 July 2016

DIARY OF THE WEEKEND


Good evening Bloggets. Just a quick blog before bed. This morning early before nine, our lovely window cleaner came and did all the conservatory roof that has been needing doing for about two years. Wow, what a brilliant job he did he is the best window cleaner. He is so cheap too. Almost half what other companies were going to charge. He was there an hour. I gave him £5 more because he did such a good job, now let’s hope it doesn’t rain and leak? If he has loosened the PVC.

 

 Our friend came to see us and we had a lovely afternoon in our back garden. It was actually sunny and we drank some delicious Fizz. I stopped at two glasses, others didn’t… We then went for a meal and waddled back home.

 

All sorts has been spoken about today, politics and more. Quite a serious conversation, no belly laughs. I proudly showed our friend my paintings my friend Beth did for me. She said they are so real. Everyone likes them. Cant wait to show my friend Artie on Monday when I see her.

 

This morning I washed the dog beds, heck, I hope they will be OK? They are looking a little lumpy…  I groomed the dogs and they look good for our friend coming, as we were outside, LF ate part of my friend’s scarf. Oh my…. I felt so bad. Poor lass though, she didn’t get even a tiny bit angry.

 

Five more nights before Teen home. I must say it has gone so slowly. I miss him so bad now. I am going to write this in two parts, I will write the rest tomorrow night. Until then, wherever you are sleep well and part two coming up below.

 

So here we are Sunday. A bit of a lay in, half nine we woke, well, got up. Got sorted out and left our house to go for breakfast. Something that always reminds me of America, when we visited friends there. That was the first time I had been out for breakfast, it wasn’t a thing that was done in England. Until recently. Now where we live everywhere has breakfasts going. Nothing as jolly as in America though. Gosh I loved our time there.

 

Well, it was a bit disappointing to say the least. It was at a place called Frankie and Benny’s. I think I have spelt that correctly, it was noisy huge and the service is so slow. It took forty minutes for our meal to arrive. And when it came, well, the least said the better. It was not good. I could have made it better nicer at home. But the good side, no dishes. Well, no cooking.

 

A walk to the park and a seat on the bench next to the lake. One seat in our whole park. It was funny as a child came and showed me how many Pokémon he had found. But he was showing me his screen. Bless. It’s the new game to get people walking about rather than looking at their screens in doors. It’s fine for children, but adults? A man has given up his job to do this full time. Odd.

 

Today it’s boiling. Really hot but a lovely breeze. Our friend told me something I never knew, where we live the evil road, well our side that back of our houses, are needle like branches, but the next street along, has lines of cherry trees with loads of fruit on. I never even knew that.

Wagga was trying to eat the ones that had fallen.

 

I made a homemade quiche yesterday so some of that for a light tea tonight with some carrot cake. Still full from my stodgy breakfast. I hear cricket in the background on the radio and our dogs are telling me now it’s their dinner time. So I shall leave e you and love you. Four more sleeps until I see my boy back. Xx

 

No comments: