translate

Thursday 7 July 2016

DIARY OF THE DOG IN THE HAWAIIAN SKIRT


Good morning Bloggets. Well, the little fella and Hub stayed at their hotel, Hub arrived about ten in the evening and he called me. He said that LF was a little excited or anxious, tail spinning and sniffing everything. Hub whilst I was on the phone got LF to lay next to him but LF kept putting his head in Hubs hands, stretching right up to be with his Daddy. Hub fed him at the office an took him for the toilet there. He was with a close colleague who is a great guy, but sadly the colleague wasn’t staying at the same hotel as Hub. In fact, I think there were thirty of the heads all over the place. I said it would be good to get everyone in the same hotel not only you would get a discount, but it would mean you were all together. But Hub said that people drop out all of the time, so a lot of money would be wasted. Hub didn’t book till the last minute and they all do the same. Never mind he said the hotel staff were fantastic. He said there was bits of paper everywhere. Haha. On pillows bottom of the bed on the desk and drawers as well as on the walls. He said everywhere he went a bit of paper would fall, so I guess he has done his exercise for the day? All that bending down picking up.

 

Well, it’s a worry when in a strange hotel, as when at home the rare occasion our dogs may need to go out during the night, we can do this with ease. Not in a hotel, but after talking to Hub this morning, I learned that the LF was great. No mess no chewed carpets perfectly behaved. So proud of him. See, my Wagga would be perfect in a hotel, in the room that is, but once I ask her to find anything, heck… hahaha. Em. Not sure where we would end up.

 

I don’t know what time they are due home tonight, but I think after eight. I think Waggatail will be so happy to see her little fella, though at least last night she had her own little bed. The other night I had not even got up the stairs when I heard the bells of LF and Waggs crying in that pathetic way she does. I came back down stairs and he was laying across her same as the night before. Hub had to get him off poor Waggs was buried under him. She is so soft and won’t tell him to get in his own bed.

 

Well, this morning I woke to some fantastic emails from a lovely Blogget I just loved reading. She should write books. Gosh her lifestyle is simply amazing. The country she lives in she said you can’t leave your windows open if you are not in the house or monkeys will climb in and pinch food. The parent monkeys push the babies through the small gaps and once in, the monkeys go into the bathrooms and squeeze the toothpaste from the tubes and empty the other lotions all over the place. Oh I love them… Also they come into the garden and steal the vegetables so the Husband has made a garden just for the animals hoping that they will leave their garden alone. The house she was telling me about a house that looks over to a forest. Just beautiful.

 

I can’t wait to go on our holiday, we have our own pool, so no need to worry about bumping into anyone. Oh it will be so good. And at the bottom of the garden is a gate right onto the beach, so Hub and I will be able to take a walk along there on our own, because where it is, there is no car park nearby so apparently, there are no tourists visit that part of the beach. Just so lovely. Oh, I wish it was now, but I guess it gives us a summer to look forward to going? Hub is off next week; I so wish we could take a walk along an empty beach. It would have to be empty, imagine us two, walking along, hand in hand, “Oo’oo’oops!”

Tripping over a sun bather, taking a family’s picnic across the beach and flying through the air landing on a child’s pride and joy of a sand castle. Hahahaha. Then we would have the problem of finding our way off the beach. I guess if you go one way, the sea is a bit of a clue which way not to go, but there is not always paths off the beach sometimes you have to walk for ages to find the gap to get off.

 

One day, one day please enough sight just to be able to do simple things that sighted people do without a second thought? Next week when Hub is off work. I wonder if we should try to do something different? God knows though what and where we would end up?

 

Talking of ending up, I’m on my way out soon. Will get the Wagging one ready with her leash, harness, different collar as she has a play one and a work one. A doggy bag and a treat for when she finds what I need her to find. I have a dog run with my name on it, and it’s been raining, so the joys… I’m shocked at how many people who are blind don’t pick up their doggy doodles. Why? I can understand and empathise that it is so difficult, but we got a dog run so they only do their business in one part of the garden, if you don’t want to get a joiner to make one for you, gather your plant pots and form a wall and put your dog in that space, it’s amazing how they get used to going in the same place. My son has watched Wagga playing in the garden and then popping off to go to the toilet, then coming back out to play. It’s so cute. As for picking it up? Well, I know this isn’t a nice subject, but honestly, some people will not have thought about doing this, but we use those disposable gloves. A large bag in one hand and a glove on the other, so yes, we feel for it, pick up and put in the bag. Then a bucket of water with proper pet disinfectant and a brush. We even have shoes in a bag we wear for the joyful occasion. And we keep all of these things in our garden in a large plastic box with a lid, you know the kind you buy to store things in? They are waterproof as long as you make sure you properly seal the lid on pushing it closed.

 

I have just combed Wagga, getting loads of hair off her and taking a tip from a lady who is in a group I’m in, I leave the dog hair for the birds to make nests. It’s a great tip. Then I wipe her with a chamois leather cloth, because she is black, she comes out really shiny.

 

Well as my Son watches the Tennis of ladies groaning smile, I shall go now, wish me luck as we go on an adventure? Oh before I go, must tell you what my son is buying? A Hawaiian skirt, necklace and a head band….. For his holidays I may add. They are having a fancy dress night and another night where they are all wearing dreadful shirts. Scary thing is, his bad taste shirt, I kind of like it? Smile until later with love.

No comments: