translate

Tuesday 5 July 2016

DIARY OF THE COLOURS OF FENG SHUI AND FI


Good afternoon Bloggets. Today has a drizzly kind of sun and it’s not cold enough to shiver, this is good, I know it’s July, but it was June before and no one bothered to tell our weather in the UK that.

 

Whilst my Sons lunch is cooking in the oven, our neighbour is vacuuming his car, a dog barks in the background and the monkeys play in our local zoo, the road is busy behind us and the odd bird sings his song, todays blog is a chat about a subject I touched on yesterday and more.

 

So, Feng Shui. We are all in love with colours, well, those who can see and like me who used to be able to see. I did go through a stage where the word colour made me cry. As no colour physically in my life now. But I’m over that hurdle now and back to being like I used to be though obviously don’t get the pleasure out of seeing colour any more. As I have a permanent grey some days brown some days nothing as if looking from my elbow. I see white some times and it’s weirdly normally in the pitch dark. A bright white light glair in my eyes. I close them tight and still see the white. So it’s my brain I guess that is seeing? Not sure. My Husband has never seen in his life, not even day and night. The sun he can look directly into, I shout at him as he thinks it’s a party trick being able to do this, but the trouble you can get into looking into the sun is beyond my explanation. but he does it and see’s nothing at all, though his eyes still sting.

 

May be you would say that you are not in love with colours? Perhaps you are not, may be you just have a plutonic relationship kind of infatuated?

 

You say you are not bothered by colours, but what are you wearing? A blue suit with matching Shirt and tie? I wonder if a grey skirt with a rose pink blouse and matching earrings? Red nail varnish to match your lipstick? Colours attract us even if we are not aware of them.

 

Feng Shui is supposed to create energies harmony and balance to your home. Well most of it I think is self-explanatory. For example, yellow? So what would you think about this colour? How would it make you feel? Happy, that is what I would think as it is the colour of the sun. I would think that colour will be best in a children’s bedroom or a hallway, if your hall is narrow yellow will bring it out and make it look wider.  

 

You know I love red in the home, well it is to represent passion…. Courage joy and excitement…   Red is the Chinese colour of luck and happiness and is the marriage colour in India and the symbolic colour of love in the west.

 

I like splashes of this in the living room and a lot of it in the kitchen. I have always had an obsession with red. I remember when I was really young about twenty something, I had been married to my ex for years and I decided to put a red bulb in a light… Well, looking back, I must have been so innocent. My neighbours thought this was an interesting choice whilst I’m sure some of them thought their house values would depreciate. Haha. Why? Because I put the bulb in a light in my outside lantern. So a house of ill repute? Smile.

 

Red will make your house look smaller so you would be best to put it on either two walls with two walls brighter or one wall. Or like me have it as cushions in the living room on a rug or even in a vase of silk roses. Red curtains will make your house look very dark but still as far as Feng Shui is concerned it has a lot of values. If you can’t face going for red, try orange, apparently according to Feng Shui, this is a colour of sunshine and log fires so best of both worlds I love that colour. My downstairs bathroom is orange and cream.

 

Green is the Feng Shui colour of renewal, fresh energy and regeneration. It’s very nourishing to your health as it balances the whole body as it brings   healing vibrations to your body from nature. When working with green, it’s important to use several different shades.  In order to maximize the Feng Shui effects.   

 

Green is said to be a calming influence. Personally I love it. My conservatory is green and I feel the peace coming from the colour. Sounds odd I guess. I can’t see it but I feel it.

 

White is a new beginning the element is metal I think it said. I’m not going into all of the elements, that again is beyond me. Smile. Again white is open makes a room look very large but also can be clinical. I like it in a bathroom and kitchen, but high maintenance. On a baby I love white, as the colour also represents innocence. Again, who said it does? Who made us think believe that? But a baby in white looks so much more sweet and young if you know what I mean, I hate seeing babies in red or navy blue. It’s like parents are trying to get their kids grown up before time. Smile. My Mum used to struggle with babies in pit boots as she used to call them. Rather than booties.

 

OK, enough on that for today, but when you are decorating, what colours do you look for and why? Remember in places like the bathroom, you have to relax in the bath rather than glair at a colour that will make you uncomfortable.

 

 Some people in the UK are still crying over the referendum coming out of the EU. They are calling for another vote, for goodness sake talk about bad losers? If you are at school in a sports day race and you come second, what do you do? Cry and say you want to race again because you didn’t win? We go to school to learn. So, did these people not learn anything at school? Out, so get over yourselves and give us chance to prove we were right in our decision. This doesn’t mean we hate our wonderful Europe, of course we have respect for our neighbours in France and so on, we just want our country to be great and strong like it used to be and I think once we show we can do this, it may take two years, then the rest of Europe will follow. I am talking millions you know we use to give to the European union, to help other countries who probably put nothing into the union and in the meanwhile, our NHS and schools suffered. Our prisons did what Europe told us to do with them. Come on, anyone can see that isn’t right.

 

Right now I must go as my eyes are killing so will take a break from my lap top. Though I don’t see the screen I get eye pain still I think it’s the concentrating on what words I am hearing.

 

I guess I will go into the gym… No, I’m not really that posh, it’s our garage. A treadmill must be done today, though if treadmills could talk, mine would cry at the thought of me heading its way.

Later gators sure I will be back a lot over the next two days as Hub away at a meeting for heads… Must remind him to take his. Smile. X

No comments: