translate

Monday 18 July 2016

DIARY OF ACCEPTANCE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Feeling sad today, said goodbye to a part of my life that I really enjoyed. For once I felt as though I belonged. But I also felt that I wasn’t doing enough and was stepping on feet in a clumsy way. A between the liners for sure. But hey, it’s sunny and I’m walking soon.

 

The dogs across the road are barking like crazy, I hope they are OK? Wagga as ever is waiting in the hall to go out, she loves being out and about, as long as there are no busy roads. Mind you, yesterday as we walked along our dreaded road she was great.

 

Teen had me worried for the first time last night, or this morning.  I asked him if he was OK at about two in the morning his time, left it for two hours tried again and by half five, this morning, called him, that normally gets a response of a text. Nothing, at last at half six, he texts. Kind of. So I think his lifestyle of not drinking “much” may have broken last night/this morning. Three more sleeps thank God.

 

Yesterday as we said goodbye to our friend, we were asked to go to our friend’s/neighbours garden. They were having a BBQ, but we just stayed for an hour or so.  

 

Today we are having a heatwave. I’m melting. After just doing the delightful dog run, I could dive into a cold swimming pool. So, thinking of summer and cooking something other than new potatoes to go with salad, what else can I make for a summer recipe? How about summer chicken stew? This is how.

Fry some finely chopped leeks in a pan of a little oil and add butter at the end with a tiny bit of salt and just after that, two cloves of garlic. Just toss that around in the pan as it’s cooling off. I find garlic sticks, don’t know about you?

 

Cook your chicken in a casserole dish in the oven for about half an hour. Chop them and add to a large pan with new potatoes halved, carrots chopped into slices and mushrooms.

 

Pour over a large amount of chicken stock and boil then add your fried leeks and garlic. After cooking for about twenty minutes, add some chopped green beans and peas and put lid on and turn down heat for a further fifteen minutes. For an easy vegetarian chili, a can of chili beans, a can of butter beans and a can of chopped tomatoes all in an oven dish pour over mild chili sauce and put lid on cook in oven for half an hour serve with rice.

  Very easy, and if you make enough, fridge the dishes for tomorrow. Four meals in one.

 

Not wanting to turn on the TV as the news this week has just been horrific. But on line in you can skip all that nastiness and head for lighter news, but seriously, there is nothing. But one thing that I am a little afraid about as we eat loads, is this story.

In the UK, shoppers are being reminded to thoroughly wash mixed salad leaves as two people have died after eating such leaves. They caught the virus E- coli

 

It’s read that the house prices in London are coming down, well that is good, people may now be able to afford to buy, having said that I bet they will reduce by just enough to carpet a two-bedroom flat. Just our press again being dramatic. We have a disease in the UK where we don’t like good news. Only bad news is reported. I can’t stand it. We should have a feel good press, thing is, who would buy it? It’s a fact, if I have a blog that is sad or full of some kind of drama, wow, the statistics go through the roof, if it is a happy blog, average views.  Sad isn’t it?

 

Really excited as tomorrow I spend time with my friend Geordie. I can’t wait.

A normal day today inn Paradise. Housework phone call and a visit from Artie. It’s been about eight weeks since I last saw her. So loads to catch up on.  

 

I hope your week will be peaceful and just before I go, some words. “It isn’t what you have, had, or will get, that will make you happy, it is what you think about.” In my opinion, to be wanted by those we love is the closest we can come to happiness. To feel wanted and needed in life is so important to feeling as though you belong. Sadly, belonging is a problem I have had all of my life. I think due to my dreadful start in life, I have been scarred. Learning how to forget my history proves to be a challenge. A battle I will wrestle with daily until I can say I have won.

“Happiness is acceptance.”

No comments: