translate

Sunday 10 July 2016

DIARY OF MOTHERS WORDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. It’s one in the morning here in England. My Son has just left the house. Oh the lump in my throat is huge. Tears? I had a few! But thankfully not in front of Teen.

 

The transaction from being a child to adulthood is so difficult. It is a while now since I have had to do things for Teen he grew up very young, but how badly I wanted to pack his case today and do a check list. Every time I asked him if he had this or that, he answered, “Mum, please?”

 

So, has he got everything? I don’t know. I bought food for him to eat on the way to the airport, he blooming ate half of it before he left. After midnight and he is leaving the house to get cash from the cashpoint… Last minute Charlie. He is at his friend’s house now, ten of them meeting there and the mini bus will pick them up and drive two and a half hours to the airport. Then a three hour wait for his flight. I asked when he would be back, what time in ten days? He texts his friend who by the way has all of the details. Hotel name flight information and all of the documents. Very trusting of the lads, don’t you think? Well, his friend text back and Teen replied. “Mum I will be back at either four or five o clock.” Me, OK Son a.m., or p.m.? Teen, “Mum, I’m not asking him again, I don’t know. Either morning or afternoon…. So, any time within the twelve hours. I only hope he gets the blooming flight back? Role on ten days’ time.

 

I just wish I had put his passport in his bag with his money, his phone charger and his plugs. Then I would be a little more chilled.

 

Hub said he will miss him so badly too. And my little Waggatail adores him so she will for sure. I now have about two hours before he will let me know he has arrived at the airport and then about seven hours after that before the next text then one a day from then on. I hope he has the best time ever. But my heart is aching and my stomach is doing flips.

 

It’s raining outside but I think tomorrow will be a nice day. Fingers crossed. Then Hub and I can possibly go in our garden and chill. We are both on holiday for the week but we both have work to do. But after tomorrow morning I think we will be free I may have to check on my emails to see if there is any come back from people but other than that, nothing until Friday then in the morning we are off to do our wills. Amends them that is. As lots has changed since we last did them. And this week will be sorting the guest room as it has been used and abused of late, smile.

 

For those of you who may need a fantastic application for your IPhone, if you can’t see enough to read letters or tablet boxes, try

K N F B reader

Wow, it is amazing. We have just bought it.

 

Well, I guess I shall go and pretend I’m sleeping now, as it’s silly time. But words before I go.

“A Mother holds their children’s hand for a short while but holds their heart forever.” “A Mother is the one who is still there for you when everyone else has deserted you.”

Of course we all don’t have our mothers now, or we may not have ever had one, but in my opinion, anyone who loves, protects and cares for a child has the job title Mother.

 

No comments: