translate

Saturday 30 July 2016

LIFTED BY FIONA CUMMINGS


LIFTED

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Chrystal tears

Marble fears

Memories from all past years

In one day

 They went away

Lifting from me

Wiping my memory

Pulling out my broken heart

Ready for a brand new start

Best foot forward

Never looking backwards

Seeing the sunshine in every cloud

Finding the good person in a crowd

I want to shout out loud

How happy I feel inside

Bursting with pride

No longer I’ll hide

I’m there for the world to see

Gone are the rusty chains

That were tied on me

You can come along

In my heart you belong

Set yourself free

Find your wings and fly with me

Lifted high

Above the mountains

Over the sea

Through fountains

Take the key

Only you can do this, so join me

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: