translate

Thursday 21 July 2016

DIARY OF RETURN OF THE TEEN WITH THE TAN


Good evening, well, where to start? It’s very late so I must be quick. I started to make a meal and it was chicken, cabbage, carrots and mash potatoes. Only after just ten minutes I looked at the potatoes, which weren’t new ones but large potatoes, ones you can still mash. They had only after a short time, gone like mush. No need for the mashing tool. By this point I had a big pan full of more potatoes I was going to make a stew for tomorrow. After seeing the nasty slop in the pan, I knew there wasn’t a chance that I could have made a stew as the potatoes in that have to be in halves and not mushy. So what to do with the big pan of vegetables? Hmm what on earth would I do with all of that? On a hot week in the UK? In fact, red hot.

 I, know, I will make a soup!!!!

 

Right, yep, hot soup…. Not the best idea Fifi had, but not to waste that is what I would do. So now I have a pan of potatoes no way I could serve that? Haha, unless I put it in a casserole dish and add cheese then put it in the oven to go crisp? And that is what I did, it kind of recovered, kind of.

 

Well, my baby was on his way home. 45 minutes delay in Greece. Then ended up in Milan. Why? Not modelling or on some kind of fashion buy, but wait for it?

The flight hadn’t expected to be so full, so ran out of fuel.

Oh boy. Budget airlines, don’t you just love them?

 

Then when he arrived, the mini bus picked him up and didn’t go ahead with the original plan of two drop offs, so only did one and Teen like other lads had to walk back twelve minutes, dragging my case through the streets… One poor lad had broken wheels on his case and had to carry it. The driver wouldn’t stop for the loo either. Haha.

 

Well, he is home, fed, showered, raided my supplies of toiletries tooth brush, paste and deodorant. A funny few stories, one he told in the garden as we chilled, and he was not quiet as he explained, and then he went in, only to his blushes, realise the neighbours were in their garden and heard all about teens story. I will spare his blushes on this one but believe me Bloggets, it was class.

 

Now boy wonder is out seeing his friend so doubt he will be home till two this morning and my house isn’t smelling too good with the soup. It’s not a summer smell. And not in this heat. I am staying up till it cools so I can put it in the fridge.

I may be here for a while.

 

So pleased he’s home love that boy. Hearing him, makes me glad I was never the kind to go on party holidays. Give me a cup of tea, bag of crisps and a good old laugh with friends any day over half naked people getting mortal drunk being sick and getting sprayed with foam whilst laughing out of control with laughing gas. Thankfully my Son and his friends didn’t touch that stuff, but for 5 euro’s you got a drink something to eat and a so called balloon. You burst the balloon and inhale. My neighbour told me about it a few days ago as her daughter has just come back from there.

 

His car started straight away thankfully, I did suggest to Hub I should turn the engine over the other night… Some reason, he didn’t encourage me to do this.

Not sure why?

 

More tomorrow until then, look after yourselves and take care coz I care.

No comments: