translate

Wednesday 6 July 2016

DIARY OF PERSONAL GOALS


Good evening Bloggets, I have received an email from a very special Blogget. I love her, I wait with bated breath for her emails. She is the comfort everyone should have. Her lifestyle and stories mixed with her absolute intelligence and writing ability is to me strawberries and cream.

She puts the S into summer and warmth into a glowing fire on winter evenings. She is a candle flickering giving light and hope and I’m honoured she chooses me to write to.

 

I glanced at her email earlier but will keep her words until much later when time stops still and forgets to move along nicely for me. Something to look forward to. I also have an email to answer from a wonderful lady we met on holiday in Italy some years ago. I have told you about her before, but for those new Bloggets, Hub Teen and I went to Lake Garda and on about day two, there was a little girl playing ball in the hotel swimming pool. Our Son was about 13 at the time. The little girl was about eleven/twelve. She and her sister asked Teen if he wanted to join in with their game. They became good little friends and we got chatting to their parents. Since then we have kept in contact. The little girls Mum and I write frequently to one an other and I’m happy to say she is coming to the UK soon, so she has asked if we can meet up and I’m really looking forward to that, gosh, the kids will be funny, Gillian was eighteen a few weeks ago and of course Teen is nineteen, so a lot of change between them but they still keep in touch too.

 

I love hearing from people especially when I have known them some time. It’s like history. Good history that is.

 

Just checked the blog stats today and we have viewers/listeners from Mauritius, China, Canada, South Africa, Portugal, UK, Germany, US France and Hungary. Earlier we had Singapore and Morocco, Again those are the top ten countries. Welcome you all and those who came eleventh and so on. Always surprises me to know how you found me.

 

I’m waiting to hear from my Hub. He did call me from a very busy nasty sounding pub. Smile. He isn’t sounding too happy. He said he would let me know when he was at his hotel. He said he hoped that it wouldn’t be too long. When asked what had he eaten for dinner, he replied burger. Poor Little Fella, honestly, the noise in there was awful. That was over an hour ago, gosh, I hope he is OK? I felt for him though, as he is the only person from his colleagues there who is blind and when you can’t see in such a noisy environment, it’s pure hell. You don’t see each other looking at one another, sighted people use a lot of body language and eye contact. If you can’t see, you are pretty stuffed.

 

The noise was awful too, so you can’t even hear to join in with conversations. I must say he didn’t sound at all happy. It’s ten in the evening and his alarm went off at six this morning, so he will be shattered as will the Little Fella. I just pray he can find somewhere to let the poor dog go to the toilet, as most of these kind of places are concrete jungles, and then where to put it? Oh I don’t envy him at all. He has another long day tomorrow with meetings that I’m sure he has done so many years ago at his old job, ever heard the saying. “Trying to teach your Granma how to suck eggs?”

 

Oh Teen has just come out of the garage where he went on the bike and treadmill. Gosh, there is no hiding from him. He told me he lost/burned off 370 calories on the treadmill. I said that was very good. He then told me how many I had burned off before…. Funny thing is, I was really pleased with the result. 59. I know it’s pathetic, and this is what I meant the other day, 59 calories when it should be more like a thousand, but hey ho, it’s a start… Teen has spent two and a half hours in the gym too. He went with his friend. Mainly weight lifting though. Gosh it’s scary how many people there are taking steroids. One guy is injecting himself with insulin. My goodness. After doing so, he has to drink three cans of coke or he will die. This is what he is telling Teen. Young lads there have serious acne because of steroids and one lad can’t to put it politely, make love. I mean, for God’s sake, why? Thank goodness Teen is sticking to awful protein shakes and vitamins. Oh and creatine monohydrate. I hate him drinking that rubbish, but he has lectured me on the benefits of it all and I looked it up and it seems to be OK. Also you can buy it at our grocery shop and chemists, so must be alright but I would so much rather he ate bananas and other fruits. Whereas what the lads are taking you are talking under the counter. In a seedy area. The lad who goes with teen to the gym stays clear of all that too, but they are working so hard to get their bodies perfect and the other blokes are coming in once twice a week and looking bigger than the kids. I tell Teen those men won’t be here in a few years and goodness knows what they are doing to themselves. He agrees and thankfully he is sensible but as a parent I do worry who he mixes with.  Luckily he is strong and clever so let’s hope this continues. But where are the parents of the other guys? They are young lads seventeen and up. Some are men thirty you would think they would know better, but no.

 

So how to motivate ourselves to do exercise? Hmm. Personally, I have to be in a good place mentally. Without stress and worry. If my Hub and Son are happy, then I am. If they are not feeling on the top of this world, then a giant hand picks me up, and slams me to the ground. Once on the ground, I don’t get up easily. If I am in the upright position, and I have started the day with a good breakfast and by good breakfast I don’t mean a bag of crisps and a biscuit/cookie, I mean serial and less toast than I would normally have. In fact, if I don’t have bread, I feel so much better. I have analysed myself and bread doesn’t fill me. Especially toast. It’s unnecessary calories. My start of the day is vital. Then if I don’t get out first thing with my dog or in the garage on the mill, I really really struggle, so best get it over with then the rest of the day is free. So make a deal with yourself. Don’t procrastinate. I’m an expert at that. Push forward and upwards all of the time so you can go to bed at night and feel better about yourself. There is nothing worse than laying there trying to sleep feeling guilty and a useless case. Even if it is five minutes of doing something like either exercise or that job around the house you hate and put off for so long or if it is something in the office you have been burying your head in the sand over face it grab it and go forward. A tiny little step each day by the end of the week you will see the progress and you will be so pleased with yourself.

 

So the above words, we have gone from procrastination, and pushed, seeing progress to make us pleased. The four P’s. And next Act. If you don’t feel enthusiastic, then act and by doing this, your very own film roll will be accessible to your mind. If you act it is surprising just how you actually kick in and become enthusiastic about what you are doing, I’m not saying you will love what you are doing, I so don’t enjoy the treadmill, but I do enjoy how much better I feel afterwards even if it isn’t physically. Admit that you must get the job done because if not, at the end of the day, you will feel so bad. If you act like you want to do something, admit you need to do it you will have achieved something and others will admire you. So, you know what I’m going to say? Yep, the four A’s. Act, admit, achieve and be admired.

 

Of course I won’t get slim and who knows, I may fail at the end of the week, but I really hope not. Let’s push each other and make it our own personal goal but kick the ball as a team.

 

Personal goals

Procrastination

Push

Progress

Pleased

Act

Admit

Achieve

Admired

 

No comments: