translate

Friday 15 July 2016

DIARY OF COBBLES AND CHROME


A short blog as I don’t have a lot of time, lot’s to do and My head is killing. I woke up with a headache from hell and had to go to our town.  It was a very difficult route to get to, so took a taxi there, two miles an £11.80 later, I had arrived. I had to enter the building by ringing the bell and then go up two flights of stairs, well, go to the second floor which was in fact four flights up. Finding the stairs in the building took some doing, there are a lot of buildings like this where I live. Where the entrance is just huge open space used for nothing other than to host the lift and stairs.

 

I’m sure I would have looked very odd on security camera, but at last I found the door and the unhelpful lady on reception. Find a seat she told me and I wasn’t going to argue. I did without sitting on  someones knee,. Very luxurious seats. The building is all glass frontage. Chrome everywhere. Anyway, did what I needed to do, the person I was to see was lovely and even took me downstairs via the lift then had to press a button before we were allowed out. She said goodbye I called the taxi, twenty minutes later, I phoned the taxi company again and was told my booking had not been registered.

 

Ten minutes later, I was called by the company and told they couldn’t get a taxi to me as the roads were all blocked off.

 

Great, so had to use skills that I have little of and that was walking around our town. Where street sellers are everywhere with their tables, I walked into the market as felt the carpet under my feet and felt the air change above my head so I was under some kind of shelter. Out from there and avoiding tables and chairs where people were drinking coffee and beer.

 

By this point my head was about to explode. Zig zag in and out of narrow cobbled streets. Whenever it went quiet I knew to turn around and find the noise. There was one scary point where the path stopped and had to walk on the road, just for a few seconds.

 

Then at last smells were recognized. Long story short, got to the bus stop and standing there I wondered  how long it would be before a buss would come? Then I thought, what if the busses don’t pull up here anymore? But one did thankfully. And it was my number.

 

Home and collected Waggatail and her stuff then back out again. I really want to go and lay down now. Feeling so ill. So will cut this short, sorry it’s a bit boring if not a lot boring, but I feel 100% ill. Sick migraine and stressed. So will be back later with love and pain free I hope. X

No comments: