translate

Friday 8 July 2016

DIARY OF FRIDAYS EVERYTHING


It’s coming to the end of the working day now. I have seen my Husband once, I asked him if he wanted lunch, he said no, he had too much to do. So I made him some food at about four this afternoon and told him it was ready. Smile. I counted, seven minutes before he was back up to the office.  It is well after five now and he is still working. Teen left for work and will be there till late tonight, then coming home for dinner a shower and then out for a short while to see his friend and back home for an early start tomorrow. He is meeting with his friend the lad who has just lost his Mum and together they are off to buy for last minute things for holiday. Yes, the lad is still going away, personally I don’t know how he can, but at least he isn’t suffering not on the outside anyway. I’m pleased about this; I just don’t understand it that is all. But he is a really lovely lad, so I’m happy he isn’t devastated and his Mum wouldn’t want him to be unhappy. I just don’t know what would be going through her head knowing she was leaving her two children 19 and 16. And her poor Husband. Oh bless them, but if they are coping, that is great.

 

Talking of coping, did I tell you we have a neighbour smoking weed? Oh my goodness? It stinks. And the best bit was, teens reaction the other day. He was so cross, and disgusted. That is normally my roll, but teen made me laugh with his what is normally very too, relaxed attitude over weed.

 

I tell you, it’s rank. I wonder who it is? Hahaha. I’m sure it isn’t our perfectly behaved Indian neighbours, for sure, but who? It’s a new thing, only been able to smell if for a few weeks. It is a peaceful neighbourhood. Haha.

 

Oh coping, poor Little Fella. He was fine yesterday when he returned from his two days’ business trip, he was shattered, and went straight to bed, but had a bit play with Waggatail in the garden and had his dinner, then fell asleep. Today he has started the day by limping and then progressing to walking on three legs. I never knew dogs could do this? I know there are three legged dogs, my Dad used to back them at the dog races, smile, but you should see the Little Fella go? Oh he looks so cute and pathetic; he is actually walking on three legs. Even when we go to see him in his bed, he hands you his sore paw. Teen took a look, and it has a tiny bit of dry blood on his pad, but nothing is obvious. We cleaned it and are making sure he stays in bed, but there is only one problem with that, Wagga wants to make up for two days without him and apart from standing on him, yes, Teen found her standing not only on him, but on his sore leg. Bless him. She is bringing him toys. I went to his bed after I heard her near him, dropping another toy and there are four toys on there. She can’t understand it. Earlier she went out with her toy we call Ding Ding…. Don’t ask…. And she realised he wasn’t following her, so she came to the door stepped in, and put her head around the corner as though to say, come on LF, play for goodness sake? But no, he isn’t interested. So if he is like this tomorrow, Teen has the day off and will drive him to the vet as no way we can walk him on harness on three legs, it would just look wrong in so many ways…

 

It’s really funny my baby boy leaves for his holiday and I’ trying to be so upbeat about it. Where as inside I’m crying. My acting skills are coming out big time. I just hope to God he keeps his side of the bargain and texts me once a day. Every day. At least I know the name of his hotel.

 

Sad to see the news today about America. Gosh, too many killings. If not for guns, this would not be so easy. I hate guns. And as if my dear American friends and family don’t have enough to worry about, with their rubbish politics? Hmm. I can’t talk, our Politics are a little wild right now too, so our next Prime Minister will be a woman, God help us. Last woman killed our country. Let’s hope this one will be different? It’s crazy why the media are so against us coming out of the European Union, and they are as they are starting to fabricate news in fact. We will be OK if we are guided in the right direction, now can  one of these women do this?

 

It has rained on and off all day, but it’s mild and slightly windy. We have had the worst summer on record I bet.

 

Dinner? Not made. Oh I wish we could afford another take away, but we can’t it’s not cheap. About £35 for the three of us. I remember a carry out would once cost £12 and I’m talking about six years ago. Also I’m talking about my home place of Northumberland, everything was so cheap then, unlike the London prices we pay here. I mean, £10 to go by taxi two miles? It’s because normally if no cars on the road it would take you five minutes to do that, but because of the ridiculous traffic here, it takes on average twenty minutes, Teen was at the town today and it took him over half an hour to get home.

 

So what have you got planned for the weekend? Us nothing. But next weekend our friend is coming as our spare bedroom is free for a change. 

 

For some reason Hub missing his Mum today more than normal. Oh I miss her so badly too. I will never forget the first time I met her when I was a little girl, but when I met her again all those years later, her and I got on so well. She was so lovely to me and said such kind words. She didn’t get on at all with Hubs ex, shame for his ex, she’s OK, and I will always remember her saying to me. “We like you, you are one of us.” Hahaha. Well, the first time as an adult I met her at the station, we went to her and Dads house. Gosh it was wonderful. I got out of the car as they picked us up from the train station, and I could hear chickens in the near back fence of their house. Their garden was a dream, with a lovely few fruit trees and loads of other edible things in the garden. She took me on a tour of her garden, proudly showing me what there was as Hub munched his way through the offerings unwashed, nothing has changed he goes mad if I clean his strawberries. Gross, how can he eat them and I have tried to wash them quietly and not tell him I have done them. He always knows when they have been washed.

 

I was given hard boiled eggs from their hens and delicious salads from her garden and green house. The twins came for tea to meet me and see their bro and I loved them immediately. We all sat in the garden, it was a sunny day, there was lots of laughter and fragrances of blooms and salads. It was peaceful and perfect. This was the new start of my life with Hub. 28 years apart and at last as one. Sadly, two years later, she died, but she touched my heart forever.

 

 Whatever you do this weekend, love your family and yourselves. Talk soon. X

No comments: