translate

Tuesday 19 July 2016

AS MY LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


AS MY LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 Words you shared

Showed you cared

Enough to bother

For an answer you did hover

My mind you wanted to discover

So you could understand

A hug a gentle hand

You rewired my mind and thoughts

Helped me battle with a decision

Your positivity I caught

And now I have a vision

I’m not that little person

Who hides away from life

In fact, I’m baking the cake

And to you I shall hand the knife

Just one slice

And I will be on my way

As nothing can capture

That dark lonely day

These words I pray

For I shall light the way

For those who have no voice

No choice

And wear their shoes

I will fight for them

And our ship shall go on its cruise

I can’t pretend

It will be a challenge

And I will need courage

But I have come so far

Right now, I feel I can reach a star

So one day,

 I can say

I did this for you

But my words are so true

And have to admit

I’m ready to go to the moon

In a shiny silver rocket

But instead

I shall sleep in my bed

Knowing my task has been done

And now for the fun

No longer I will run

As my life has just begun

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: