translate

Wednesday 4 February 2015

WHO'S THE MUMMY?


Just had our dinner. Hub now on the treadmill. Really it’s too cold out there for me. So a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit. No hope for me, right? It’s so hard though when you don’t see anything coming off you. A week now I have been running like a shop lifter.

I swear today, my talking scales sighed as I stepped onto them.

 

So topic of conversation tonight.

 

Three parents?

In the UK we are trying to make it law that three parents are able to make a baby. So the Mother Father and a third lady. To wipe out any critical gene, which may cause death in the unborn child at a later stage in their lives.

 

My Husband is totally against it. I’m so for it.

 

He said, who gives us the given right to think we should have a child?

I know there are so many children who are in need of adoption, so I can see his point. But as far as the right to have a healthy child? Yes. I’m for that. I told him how I would feel if I had a child with cancer but it could have been prevented with this option. I don’t agree with designer children that is for sure, but my eye condition could be wiped out with this breakthrough.

 

Newcastle is leading the way with this study which so far has not been tested. Another reason my Husband is against it. He says what if the child could have dreadful outcomes with the results in years to come, but still, you have a child dying, you have only one choice, surely?

 

Then he asked me who would be Mummy? Well, asking the wrong person there, as the person who brings you up, whether they gave birth to you or not, is the Mum. I’m adopted as you may know and my Mum, who adopted me at the age of four weeks, was my Mum and always will be!

 

It still has to go through one more decision, before the final OK. Those opposing the go ahead, want years of testing, so how many children in the meanwhile will die because of the wait? Alright, in the scale of things, twenty years plus, is nothing for future generations, but then you have to face parents with a dying child and tell them

“Sorry, born too early!”

 

My Son was funny last night; he proudly announced that because he was last to bed, he turned off lights that I had forgotten. They are flowers in a vase that light up. So he did well in turning them off. But in the meanwhile, I woke up to heat from the downstairs porch he had left on. So tiny lights in the corner he turned off, a big light in a small room, he left on.

 

I guess safer a ceiling light rather than a plug in one though?

 

 

Excited about tomorrow. Going out with my friend. I love her. We get on so well and I’m totally relaxed with her. We share so much in common too, apart from she has a figure to die for, but I’m the natural blonde, hahahahaha. Oh, Okay, she’s also ten months younger than me….

Hmm.

 

Right, on that note, I shall go for now, until later Bloggets, remember

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

 

 

Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: