translate

Thursday 5 February 2015

INSOMNIA


I made a turkey curry for tea after all. Not what I started off with came up with a different idea. Don’t think I am skill full and crushed garlic, and chopped herbs with yogurt and other ingredients to make a sauce, oh no, much easier than that. I removed the lid from a sauce from the fridge and poured it over some turkey breasts. I did peal and cook vegetables with it though. So Okay, not exactly a curry, more like a sauce on top of the turkey, but to say I cooked curry, sounds more domesticated, don’t you agree? Heheheheh.

 

I made my famous leak pie. Oh I love that. My Son really wanted some as it was his favourite dish when he was a vegetarian, but now he is a barbaric flesh eating creature, he can eat the meat.

 

My throat is still hurting, but I feel a bit better than I did earlier today. We spent the night watching the TV as always after our session on the treadmill. I did a whopping twelve minutes today, running. Hub did his hour walking. I had my music blasting in my ears and was singing at the top of my voice, sounding awful, one with my throat and two with earphones, I couldn’t hear myself. Also I don’t know the lyrics to any songs, so Goodness knows what on earth I was singing. So I have to remind you Bloggets, our treadmill is in the garage. So thin walls outside for all our avenue of all sorts to hear.

 

It’s a wonder the R.S.P.C.a, for animal rescue didn’t come out, thinking a fox had been stuck on the roof?

Oh yes, I’m a foxy lady.

Ouw’oo’oo

 

Seeing my friend tomorrow in her lunch break from work. So a quick chat and then we are in the weekend again. Town on Saturday for us. Oh heck. So much to do and a slightly different shop this week, so I hope we can find it?

 

I have been sleeping great of late, only three hours but sound asleep. I have been spraying lavender on my pillow.

I have been reading up on how to relax before bed as a lot of Bloggets are finding it difficult to sleep at nights, so here goes.

 

Not getting enough sleep can cause a variety of issues including anxiety also sleep deprivation can increase your risk for health problems such as hypertension, stroke and diabetes.

Once you realise this, that lack of sleep is bad for your health, you need to try to work out how to sleep better, so you perform better the following day and feel better in your mind set.

It’s important to have a regular sleep schedule something to do with your inner clock or circadian rhythms as they call it.

You need to separate your day from your night time. So wind down before bed. If you are busy and on the go before bed, your head will be full buzzing with thoughts.

Your body is very clever and like a dog who knows when it’s tea time, or dinner time I should say, your body knows if you have a bath before bed or read a book, your body will learn it does that before bed. So train your body and this has been proven to work scientifically. I must say, before bed, I listen to music and it really has helped.

Pre bed, don’t listen to the news, or anything that may disturb you.

 

When I was studying I learned that if you have troubled thoughts before bed, and they are normally the same worries, write them down through the day so you can say you have ticked them off and try to solve them throughout the day or at least if you start to think about those thoughts before bed, tell yourself, you dealt with it earlier in the day and move on.

 

Keep your bedroom at a moderate temperature and dark. This is the trouble if you can’t see, your body clock is so wrong, doesn’t know when it’s day or night, but the other tips may help you to sleep.

 

To do mind exercises before sleep is reported to be good for you, as simple as thinking about different fruits and trying to find fruits with the same letter, or reciting your favourite poem or song.

Also looking at a shape in your head and trying to make other shapes from what you are seeing. I’m thinking this is like counting sheep?

 

If before bed you start to think negatively, then force yourself to think of a happy time in your life and relive it, after all, your mind is your very own film studio.

 

One thing my Husband does and he falls asleep very quickly, he focuses on muscles in his body, tenses them and then relaxes them and moves onto the next muscle, working your way around your body, telling yourself, you are all stretched and relaxed now.

This is related to Alexander technique

 

Physical exercise is good to help you sleep at nights, but do them hours before bed as exercise can be stimulating.

 

Caffeine and alcohol will increase anxiety. So avoid at all costs again, hours before bed.

 

Okay, on that note, I am off up the apples and pears

Nighty night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: