translate

Wednesday 25 February 2015

LET IT DIE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


LET IT DIE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Its eating away

Day by day

Holds on in a harness

Like a furnace

Burning

Churning

I can   feel it gnawing at my insides

I can’t get to it, as it hides

Started as a flame

Oh the pain

As it grew inside of me

Something no one can see

Is it the devils work?

Driving me berserk

Will it fill my body?

Then what will happen

When the flame overflows

No answers no one knows

Feeling so grotty

Frozen to the chair

Like a mad man

With a vacant stair

My stomach is in agony

Been cut now a tare

Poison I can’t remove

But I know it’s there

Afraid of my shadow

This flame does glow

But won’t show

It’s a secret

We are not meant to know

So how to kill it

This beast without whit

To end the suffering

The violence of a hit

Why do I have it?

Who gave it to me?

Its pure evil

That we cannot see

Is it grief?

Is it fear of the unknown?

Has my soul been visited by a thief

Whose cowardly face remains unknown?

Can I treat it with a pill?

To end its life

Make a hole with a drill

Cut with a knife

Let it escape

How to do this I cry

It’s comfortable inside of me, why?

End its life please let it die

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: