translate

Friday 20 February 2015

WHILST THE CAT'S AWAY THE MICE SHALL PLAY


Tomorrow is a full day and night for us. My dear little friend is coming our friend from school and her Hubby. Great time we will have. Then out in the evening. More on that later.

 

Today our Son had a great day out with his friends. Fantastic. At last he could be himself and not have his hands tied. They went clay pigeon shooting and 4 by 4 driving. He loved it followed by an outing with his friends.

 

I’m so pleased we could do this for him and no one was here to spoil it for him.

 

Well, he will be married next birthday I’m sure so she can arrange it for him then. Some designer restaurant I expect so this was his last fun birthday before settling down with slippers next to the coal fire.

 

Hub working from home today and apart from seeing our Son off, I have not seen him. He is in the office.

 

I’m glad to say our canary, he’s Irish you know? Haha. Is back to being a songster again. He is still plump. We can’t understand it. He has always been so skinny. Gosh, I hope he is alright? But he is in tune for sure today.

 

So what’s making the news?

Tensions with Russia could blow up into all-out war, posing “an existential threat to our whole being”, Britain’s top general in Nato has warned.

Gen Adrian Bradshaw, deputy commander of Nato forces in Europe, said there was a danger Vladimir Putin could try to use his armies to invade and seize Nato territory, after calculating the alliance would be too afraid of escalating violence to respond.

“Well we were talking about this last night at the dinner table. I said if there is not a world war 3 in the next year, I will be amazed. As for Putin is dangerous and out of control. Why does he so badly want wars? And why are Russian aircrafts flying over our space? Three times this year.

 

Counter-terror police have issued an appeal for information about three London schoolgirls who are believed to have fled to Islamic State-controlled Syria.

“Why? Oh Why?

Just a thought, I am sure that the US and perhaps other countries will have some kind of chemical that can cause aggression I am positive that has been tested over the past year. So if this is true, can’t  they produce a chemical which will have the reverse affect? Wouldn’t that be wonderful?

Two Gay murderers in prison are to marry. This is the first time this has ever happened... A spokesperson said it would take place at no cost to the taxpayer and that there was no possibility that they would share a cell.

“Why even allow it? Our world is going crazy

 

I like this story. Scientists claim to have created a guilt-free chocolate that makes skin look years younger. Esthechoc is so rich in healthy anti-oxidants that a small chunk - containing just 38 calories - can boost the blood supply to the skin and reduce signs of aging.

“I bet it tastes dreadful? It has to doesn’t it? Nothing that is good for us tastes nice.

 

This is sad. Cosmetics giant L'Oreal has been urged to do more to research customers' allergies to hair dye following the death of a mum-of two.

 

So no special news sadly. But if we all want peace, and we start to believe in ourselves, and kindness. Then we will stand together and hear so much good news. Until then, our headlines will continue until we end humanity as we know it.

I am off to a concert in a few weeks. Sadly our dog sitter again has let us down. She is fully booked. Again my fault as I should have booked her weeks ago. But we think we have an alternative.

 

It’s so cold here tonight. I have had to crank the heating up. Hub is on the treadmill so he will be hot. I’m thinking about going on and you know what they say, it’s the thought that counts.

 

So what are your plans for the weekend? I remember I used to hate that question when Hub was at his last job as the weekend to us was the same as through the week. Hub was normally abroad.

 

Oh before I go. I must tell you this story. This will interest my friend Yam. You know how I believe that our lives are mapt out for us? Well, I was talking to someone yesterday who is an illustrator and is working on a children’s book right now. So, am I brave enough to take the next step?

 What is, the next step? Oh I need a push. Or some kind of help. I’m a car without petrol. Give me petrol please and listen to my engine purr.

 

Gosh, that sounds like a euphemism

No comments: