translate

Monday 2 February 2015

LITTLE DANCER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


LITTLE DANCER

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On her toes she danced for me

Tiny hands in the air

She looked so free

Long blonde hair

And a beautiful smile

For that little girl I would walk a mile

On beds of nails and carpets of fire

For her moment in time I have to admire

Rose bud lips she sang for me

Together we sang in harmony

If only she knew how much she meant to me

My heart knows what she looks like

Though my eyes don’t see

Her arms wrap around my shoulders

I want to protect her

Even when she’s older

She’s my little angelic ballerina

Chuckles like a hyena

Full of life

A future bright

The sun and moon

Shall give her light

The silver stars

Will guide her far

Let’s hope she never forgets

Just who we are

As she looks to me in a quizzical way

These words to her I say

My dancing little girl

I love you the entire world

I want for you the best

But to understand the rest

To never get content

To love when money is spent

To always care

And have enough to share

To learn of greed

But the poor please, feed

To aim for the highest achievement

But never to lose sentiment

To remember your routes

Walk in strong boots

So never to stub your toe

Be known wherever you go

And kindness you will show

To always wear a smile on your face

And may your actions be full of grace

Most of all to understand

My home will always be your place

I have your hand

Your heart I hope to fill

With summer sun

Autumn leaves of gold

Winter warmth

And in spring a bright daffodil

May your life be one big thrill

Allow others to get to know you

Then forever they will love you

But never as much as I do

For my little dancing girl

Pretty face framed with a curl

Your Aunty loves you the entire world

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: