translate

Wednesday 18 February 2015

my midnight hour by fiona cummings


MY MIDNIGHT HOUR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It’s late in the evening

The neighbours are sleeping

Cows in the field are flat to the ground

It’s a winters blanket all around

Far in the distance

Is a dog who’s persistent

Barking to the moon

Poor thing will be freezing

The ice isn’t pleasing

I want to give that animal a room

Who can leave such beauty outside?

Can’t they hear him cry?

I ask myself why

Are people so cruel

Is it because they are playing the fool?

The odd car passes by

Reflections from headlights torch the sky

That kind of silent slushing sound

As gripping tires cling to tarmac

Fighting through the drive so black

To their homes

Wherever they may be

Thoughts to their amber flames

To warm hands so chilli

I love the clouds the different tones

Though night colours of navy

Stars of silver kind of chrome

Perhaps a inky shade maybe?

Cobalt blue for sure

And a touch of azure

Hints of charcoal grey

As the moon dances not wanting to stay

Who controls that I say

And moreover why

Who says when it must die

And why has it such power

This is my midnight hour

 

 COPYRIGHT FIONA CUMMINGS 2015

No comments: