translate

Tuesday 10 February 2015

MY AUNT HAS LEFT THE BUILDING


It’s almost ten in the evening. We have had a lovely day with my Aunt. Bless her. She arrived this morning a little after ten. Oh the first thing she did when she got into the taxi to come here was call me. Well, I picked the phone up to hear her laughing. Uncontrollably and talking away to the driver. Turned out she phoned me but his phone went at the same time, so she thought, and wait for it? She thought she had rung the taxi driver. Now how would she know his mobile? And why when her mobile read my number, would it get through to a driver she had never met? Hahahaha.

 

So we had a lovely coffee and she kindly gave me my birthday gifts early. Some lovely elephants. I love them. Also shampoo I love made from honey. And lethal chocolates. A beautiful card too. She even brought hub chocolates and a bottle of wine. She loves him. I oftern think she is coming to see him rather than me.

 

The dogs love her and she brings them treats too and even the canary gets gifts. Remember, he’s Irish. Haha.

 

Then it was time to go to Louis’s our local restaurant. I took Wagga tail and she worked so well. Hub walked with our Aunt.

 

Louis was so cute. Met us and walked me to the table as ever. We receive such a welcome there. Well my aunt is now known as vinegar aunt. Remember last time when she had the whole restaurant told the vinegar was off? Oh heck. Mortifying. This time she asked for it again and the lovely girl wouldn’t leave my aunts side until she told her the vinegar was okay. Hehehe. The girl who works there is from some eastern European country. She is beautiful. Tall and a perfect figure. I’m not too sure that she is here just to do waitressing to be honest. But truly she is such a lovely girl. I pray she is not here for other reasons. She is so young and really adorable.

 

My aunt was on her best behaviour. I think because hub was there. Haha.

 

She didn’t ask for the toilet like a naughty school girl or go out for a smoke or chase louis into the kitchen or ask the people in the restaurant who the posh car belonged to like last few times. She was very good.

 

We walked back home after louis brought us sweets and told us how good teen was helping him the other day with a plumbing enquiry. What, my boy a plumber?

 

Well a hidden talent I didn’t know he had. Must take after hub, as he has been known to fix a few leaks. Hehehehehe.

 

Well, we went to town, but my aunt didn’t want to go. But I didn’t give in to her cries as she told me she thought she was dying. It would do her good to get out. Bless her you know, she is in her early seventies. I keep forgetting as she can be so young.

 

Seriously she was there one hour and asked to come home. But one shop we went into she shouted to the lad and asked him to turn down the music. When he didn’t take any notice, she shouted again. And she meant it. Mind you it is rather loud.

 

Then it was my turn to embarrass hub. As we went to the till,Aunt  asked us if we wanted a cream egg. I said in a loud voice

“Oh, no way, cadburies now have been took over by an American company and the chocolate is dreadful. It’s American chocolate.”

Well, just then, the man behind the counter served us.

How can I put this?

He em,

 well, was only blooming American. Hahahahahaha.

 

I was rather red. We got back home and she remarked how lovely the driver of the busses are and how kind the young lads are. And they are. I love the people around here. I love my friends from Northumberland, as really I only have a belly laugh when I am with them, but these people are so kind. I know we live on a small island, but people do differ from town to town.

 

When we were in our town today we went into my favourite shop. It’s one I am looking forward to buying gifts for my sister in law. She was so grateful for the Christmas gift I bought her she will be a pleasure to get things for from this shop. I have spoken about it before it’s the best shop in the world I love it. Aunt and I had a great time in there, but she does tell the staff that some of the soaps are not up to standard. Hehehe. Between the two of us though we spent almost £50

 

My sister in law Ann will love things from there and it will be great to have a sister to buy for I can’t wait.

 

So back home, more coffee and a slice of delicious velvet cake she brought me. It’s the best. A chat and then I made tea. The day went well and my aunt didn’t even nearly get arrested. Sadly her friend she lives with kept texting her to tell her things like their dog was pining, really, anything to make my aunt feel guilty for coming, then she told her that there had been a dreadful train crash and horses had been killed. Knowing she was an anxious traveller. Last time she came she the friend, had to send pictures of the housework she was doing whilst aunt was having a day out with us. Again, guilt trip.

Poor aunt never ever does anything for herself. Her friend is a pain in backside.

 

Time to leave and poor thing, the stupid taxi firm didn’t turn up. So it was touch and go for her getting back for the train. I told her she could stay, but she said her friend wouldn’t be able to cope with the dog.

Let me tell you, the dog is tiny. My aunt is a cat person, not dog. The friend is a dog person.

 

I’m glad to know she made the train and is safely on her way. She is sunshine for sure and as I keep saying, everyone should have a crazy aunt.

 

Hub on treadmill now. He is doing so well. When we went for our meal today, he was so good. I wasn’t.

 

Okay, will go for now, but take care coz I care. Xxx

    

No comments: