translate

Thursday 5 February 2015

ALL SORTS GOING ON


Good morning Bloggets. As the ice filled the air in our bedroom, I reached for my mobile phone and turned on HIVE. Our heating system. Quickly back under the duvet. Hearing the cracking of the radiators, already feeling the house warming up.

 

Half an hour later, braved the February morning. Teen had just left for college. He got a lift again from a kind friend. Really, he goes to college like a model. Smelling as though he has been in the science lab creating a new fragrance.

 

I hope he has a more beneficial day at college today than yesterday? As yesterday he really didn’t feel it.

 

Hub on phone has been for an hour. He is working from home today. I made his breakfast, but it’s in the oven until he has a break, though he will still work, as he doesn’t stop when he is working from home. I admire this about him, as it would be quite easy to be more relaxed working here.

 

Our dogs have not ventured out of bed as yet. Only to use the toilet, well, not the actual toilet, but the dog run.

 

I was reading an article today about cleaning, yep, reading about it rather than doing it. Hehehe.

Reminded to use white vinegar and baking powder, mixed with hot water. Great for cleaning tiles and so much more. Vinegar is a secret out there for people to use, but never gets used by the population. Just in water, it’s great for windows/glass and removing bad smells from rooms.

I read that if you put vinegar and baking powder in a dish with hot water and pour over a slice of bread, it will unblock drains, I haven’t tried that as yet, but some plumbers use it rather than the poisons you can buy.

 

I went on the treadmill last night, for about five minutes. I ran though rather than walking. Really, I did long jump and uphill skiing.

Not joking, our treadmill is lacking attention and maintenance and has started to jump and almost throw you off. Not safe, as well as that, the handlebars to hold onto, are not fitted correctly, as the screw was lost for a part of it when we moved house. Hehehe sounds a right death trap for two blindies, doesn’t it?

 

Well, my Hub is a thrill seeker and has done wing walking and Parra shooting, I have to add in the past, as he’s not allowed now.

  So now, he gets the treadmill experience. Hehehehehe.

 

I have to also add; I’m not a thrill seeker and find the whole experience rather scary. Hub spends about an hour on there now.

 

For our meal tonight, I’m making turkey, roast potatoes and veg. For the boys. I may defrost one of my vegetarian roasts.

 

I so need new dog beds. Goodness knows how I will get them as on line impossible. Already ordered two that have gone wrong.

 

The average asking price of a house in the UK now days is.

£250,000

 

Now for some lemon facts, as I just know you are dying to read about them!

  1. The name is said to have derived from an Asian word for “sour fruit”.
  2. Lemons are technically berries.
  3. Historians believe that lemons have been around since first century A.D.
  4. It is believed that they cultivated from the Mediterranean.
  5. There are three common lemons which are Bears, Eureka and Lisbon.
  6. Lemon trees can produce up to 600 pounds in a year and can grow up to 20 feet tall.
  7. California and Arizona produce 95% of the entire lemon crop.
  8. Today, the British Navy requires all ships to carry enough lemons so that every sailor can have an ounce of juice a day.
  9. An average lemon contains eight seeds.
  10. An average lemon holds three tablespoons of juice.
  11. The juice of a lemon contains 5% of citric acid.
  12. There are roughly fifteen calories in each lemon.
  13. Sprinkling the juice on other fruits can prevent them turning brown.
  14. Lemon juice and hot water is good for a sore throat as it is anti-bacterial.
  15. Lemons used to be so rare that kings used to present them to each other as gifts.
  16. During the California Gold Rush in 1849, miners were willing to pay huge amounts of money for a single lemon.
  17. During the Renaissance, ladies used the juice of a lemon to redden their lips.
  18. For natural highlights in your hair, apply lemon juice daily, for a week.
  19. Wealthy Victorians grew lemons trees in their homes as a sign of prestige and to be a fragrant.
  20. In February and March, Manton in the French Riviera celebrates an annual lemon fest

  1. Not enough facts? Some more?
  2.  Lemon oil is used in unsealed rosewood fingerboards of stringed instruments.
  3. They are high in vitamin C.
  4. They can prevent scurvy.
  5. To power a flashlight bulb, you need 500 wired lemons to conduct electricity.
  6. The heaviest lemon was 11 pounds, 9.7 ounces in 2003. And a fact I heard from a friend from Russia, lemons were used for a conception before the pill was allowed in the former U.S.S.R. “And they didn’t take it with water… Don’t ask!”

From a lemon to sheep. Haha, get the connection? You don’t? Hmm. Me neither, but give it a go.

  1. There are over 1 billion sheep in the world!
  2. Adult males are called Rams, whilst adult females are called Ewes. Baby sheep are called Lambs.
  3. If a Ram has been castrated, it is often called a Wither.
  4. A group of sheep are known as a flock, herd or mob.
  5. In 1996, a sheep called “Dolly” was the first mammal ever to be cloned from a somatic cell.
  6. The eyes of a sheep are placed on its head in such a way that they have a field of vision of around 300 degrees. This allows the sheep to see behind them – without having to turn their head!
  7. The Ancient Greeks used to use the bones of sheep for dice.
  8. Sheep prefer to drink from running water, instead of water from a trough.
  9. When giving birth, most Ewes give birth to twins.
  10. The sheep industry began in central Asia over 10,000 years ago!
  11. In Scotland, theft of a sheep is still a hang-able offense!
  12. To make one tennis racket, the small intestines of eleven sheep are needed.
  13. If a sheep were to be put on its back, it would be unable to get back upright!
  14. Lamb has the lowest cholesterol of all the red meats.
  15. Studies have shown that around 8% of all male sheep are attracted to the same gender.
  16. Sheep’s milk is often used to make cheese. Some of the more popular cheeses made from their milk are Feta, Pecorino, and Manchego.
  17. During the First World War, President Woodrow Wilson had a flock of sheep that he used to trim the lawns at the White House!
  18. The act of breeding sheep is known as Topping.
  19. There are approximately 900 different species of sheep in the world.
  20. Many sheep lovers from around the world have declared the 27th October to be hug a sheep day. “Em, might give that a miss, though I fed a baby lamb with a bottle and that was my decider to be a full time vegetarian.

 Today I have a sore throat. I think I caught it from my friend Geordie yesterday. I had a great day with her yesterday; we went for coffee and a three hour chat. I always get dressed up in a casual/dress manner when I am out with her, as she is so glamorous. Really tall, so slim and always wears lovely clothes and my Son says she is very pretty. So I straitened my hair, put on my makeup and new boots, jacket and new jeans. I love it. When I’m out with her, I come back on such a high.

Okay, must dash now, feel sluggish today so not sure what will get done, but must write some more poetry. I have eleven to do between now and the tenth Loveable hugs.

No comments: