translate

Tuesday 24 February 2015

RECIPE 18 BY FIONA CUMMINGS



By Fiona Cummings

A birthday cake just for you

With ingredients read below

Sugar as sweet as you

And icing colour blue

Jam and cream to bind together

As my love for you will last forever

Eighteen candles glow

As each year is as so

Aged 1

I was so proud of you my Son

Aged two

We were bonded like glue

At three

 I told the world what you meant to me

Four you started school

You were no fool

That was clear

Five you were so brave without fear

Stood up for yourself

At the age of six

 You entertained with jokes and tricks

Seven I had to start to let you go

My heart burned

 Until you returned

At eight

I had to wait at the school gate

Giving you independence

I couldn’t watch for you as my eyes didn’t work

But you found me with open arms

At nine you had so many charms

Ten you were really mature

But still we were so close

All sick animals you wanted to cure

 Eleven you began to pose

Little girls fell in love with you

Hair golden and eyes ice blue

Big changes darling when you were twelve

I’m sure you went through hell

But it was for the best for both of us

And like everything you created no fuss

At thirteen 

My boy a teen

Where had the years gone

Still caring and sharing

Your heart was full of love

Fifteen your hand held mine like a glove

Sixteen now a young man

Seventeen for you I do all I can

 But now you’re eighteen though in age a grown man

You will always be that baby in a pram

I will always be your mam

My home will forever be yours

With open heart and open doors

Now blow out your candles and make a wish

I want to say happy birthday to you

A hug and a kiss

Son I love you

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

No comments: