translate

Friday 20 February 2015

A MOTHERS PROMISE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A MOTHERS PROMISE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I love you more than these words can say

You are the light to my every day

When you were born all those years ago

I prayed for help from Gods and Goddesses

They won’t show themselves as they will remain anonymous

I made these promises

To teach you all I know

To watch out for you wherever you go

To guide you forward and upwards in life

But when I am unable to save you from trouble

I hope they will be there for you

With golden arms waiting to cuddle

To hold you and protect

When mistakes are made

They will correct

When you were born little darling

I knew my life was complete

Always know what’s right don’t except defeat  

I had reason to wake in the morning

I wanted the very best

As you were different to the rest

And I want you to feel the love you deserve

For you my child are a gift

For others to serve

For you my king

Let the choirs sing

May all your paths be clear

And allow the doves to wipe a tear

Feel the sun on your beautiful face

May you always have a home

A safe place

You can call your own

I want you to know my child

I for you would walk a mile

Across dangerous grounds

Just to get to you if you are in need

Heal fast my child if you may bleed

Let your plate be with food

May your cup be forever full

Surround yourself with all who are beautiful

Hearts so kind and good

I promised you this the day you were born

Hand on bible I would have sworn

I stand by that now and forever

To shelter you from all bad weather

To stand by you whenever you need me

For my child you see

You mean the world to me

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

To my Darling Son. I love you. Mum

No comments: