translate

Saturday 7 February 2015

SLEEPING ANGEL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


SLEEPY ANGEL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Tiny head on pillow

Eyes closed tight

Kiss your brow

And bid goodnight

As I watch you sleeping

My heart begins to melt

You are the best emotion

I have ever felt

Pure devotion

I give to you

Little darling

With eyes of blue

Forever I will love you

Care for and protect you

When times are hard

And you are ready to quit

My hand will be ready for yours

To perfectly fit

Together we will open all doors

The darkness will be lit

And difficult challenges

We shall face together

Seek out the advantages

Walk forward forever

Don’t look back

Seal the crack

Jump over the hole

For fires always, have plenty of coal

In summers fresh water

A beautiful flowing river

May autumn leaves be cleared

From your path in life

And I hope angels will steer 

Keep you from strife

I pray you always wear a smile

And echoes of laughter will be heard

Let you always feel as free as a bird

And be loved as you should

On your plate full of food

And your cup with a drink

May your eyes sparkle

And cheeks rosy pink

Please believe in yourself

And others

To always have great health?

 To understand wealth

Is not only in gold

And to remember the words you have been told

That you are loved all of the world

  To the moon and back

As you are special

And have what others lack

That is honesty

Modesty

And generosity

You are a true gift

My down days you lift

So as I blow you a kiss

Remember this

Dream little one

Have a peaceful sleep

Grow to be strong

And care for the weak

For you have been sent from above

To show what is love

And I as your Mother

Have so much of that to give

You are my reason to live

I shall leave you yawning

See you in the morning

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

No comments: