translate

Monday 16 February 2015

DANGEROUS DESTINY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE DANGER OF DESTINY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Walking through a forbidden land

All alone without a helping hand

Where am I going

No signs are showing

Northern winds are blowing

An yet there is sun

To see the deer run

The squirrels climbing an ancient oak

Spiralling fingers branching up

Through the azure sky they poke

Fighting for the light

In darkness feeling for sight

Forrest leaves  

Falling from the trees

Covering any footprints which once believed

Muddy paths

Carpeted by a golden blizzard

Uprooted trunks causing a hazard

Which way to go

Being chased but I’m so slow

Where is my enemy

I’m solitary

An yet I fear

My road to life is so unclear

A fierce fog

A dangerous bog

Sinking

No time for thinking

The earth it’s drinking

I’m drowning

Heavy forces

Pushing down on my shoulders

Drawn and quartered by four hungry horses

No time to wait

They need to jump the gate

To receive their award

This is a life game

Without a dice or a board

Strong silent soldiers

Thunder like boulders

Coming towards me

It’s my destiny

Whatever will happen to me?

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

No comments: