translate

Friday 27 February 2015

JUST A FEELING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


JUST A FEELING

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’ve never met you

An yet I feel I know you

Your words so clever

As though you have lived forever

Do you know what an inspiration you are?

Look at you

You’ve come so far

Achieved so much

Powerful but with a gentle approach

You focus

You know what you want

Like a crocus

Comes back with a fight

A goal, that item you hunt

Facing the light

No matter what tries to smother you

 Forcing through the ice

You don’t cut

You slice

With you there’s no but

Just if it’s right

You are so strong and I believe in you

Though your face to me

Is one without a view?

Your voice you see

Has no sound

Your feet are firmly on the ground

How do I know this?

For I have never met you

Let me tell you this

I don’t need to

It’s a feeling I have deep down inside

I feel the tears you have cried

But you tell no one

So how can we help you?

It’s healthy to let down your guard from time to time

 All I can say is I’m here for you

And thank you for being a friend of mine

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: