translate

Monday 2 February 2015

HARD LIFE FOR VERMIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


HARD LIFE FOR VERMIN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 Gripping onto glass

Standing on nails

Thrown in the trash

Drowning with water from pails

Trying to climb out

No one can hear me shout

They say I’m indestructible

Nothing but trouble

They call me dirt

And try to kill me

Why can’t they see?

I’m fighting for life

I have a right

Just like they do

See it from my point of view

I have babies just like you

I have to feed them

So I kill a hen,

Do you not?

Burning fires so hot

Poison so painful

This life is dreadful

And I didn’t ask for it at all

Feeling so small

When my enemies are standing strong and tall

Of course I will run

But it’s not fun

I’m not cute and cuddly

My teeth are goofy

Is it really my fault?

Who was there when we were made, to call a halt?

Not you that’s for sure

I’m not pure

Are you?

I doubt it, if you’re being true

So leave me alone and let me survive

For it’s a struggle to stay alive

My story that is that

I’m the vermin you call a rat

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: