translate

Tuesday 24 February 2015

SLEEPY NOT QUITE


Whilst my big dog chews up a toy, my little dog tells me what her sister is doing, in fear of getting the blame, my Hub is on the treadmill again and I await teen coming in from work for his tea. Or Dinner I should say. Though it’s so late, it’s more like supper.

 

Got to pack with Hub a small overnight bag. He’s on business for two days. He had a busy day today; he came home and was here ten minutes before he had to go back out for an emergency meeting. Home fed and now exercising!

 

It’s so cold outside. Really I don’t know where the snow is hiding.

I’m dreading the next two days. They are going to be so long with Hub away. I can’t stand it. I don’t know how women deal with their Husbands being away say in the army?

 

I hate it. I feel sick. Just so alone. I look forward to him coming home at half five and us being together. We are so close. I really love him and need to know he is near me. I guess that is my insecurities and me not going out. I do have a meeting later on in the week with someone who wants something written, but apart from that, last time I was out was Saturday with Trix and the Like man. Our friends.

 

I should go out tomorrow to the shop, but you know when there is nothing you need and you just go out for the sake of it? If only I knew how to get to other places?

 

I can’t believe where this time is going. I am thinking I have plenty of time before teen’s birthday? Em, no, it’s only seven days away. Six before his driving test. Oh too quick. Slow down? I haven’t got him a gift. I treat him to his birthday day out with his friends. Thankfully managed to do that without the interference of the person who he is seeing. She was away thank God so he was able to enjoy himself with his pals. I guess she will have some kind of wonderful celebration planned for him this weekend? I bet she has a ring for him too. Haha will tell you why later.

 

This weekend our friend Magda is coming we are totally boring so I fear she will not be entertained enough but she will get a wrest from her busy life. Bless her she is travelling miles by train and taxi’s.

 

We have had a lovely evening. Teen came in from work happy. Glad to know he still enjoys his job.

 

Oh I have a head full of poems today. I have to hold back on them. I could write all day and night and not be done. It’s crazy. Hub has to be up at five in the morning though for a six o clock train. I hope there are staff at the station? TO give him some assistance? If not, I don’t know what he will do, though if he can manage Africa India Karia and other far away countries, I am sure he can manage his hometown train station.

 

So before bed, here are some dreamy sleepy quotes from people like Dr Seuss, Phyllis Diller and   George Karlin

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

 

“Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.”

 

“People say, 'I'm going to sleep now,' as if it were nothing. But it's really a bizarre activity. 'For the next several hours, while the sun is gone, I'm going to become unconscious, temporarily losing command over everything I know and understand. When the sun returns, I will resume my life.' If you didn't know what sleep was, and you had only seen it in a science fiction movie, you would think it was weird and tell all your friends about the movie you'd seen. They had these people, you know? And they would walk around all day and be OK? And then, once a day, usually after dark, they would lie down on these special platforms and become unconscious. They would stop functioning almost completely, except deep in their minds they would have adventures and experiences that were completely impossible in real life. As they lay there, completely vulnerable to their enemies, their only movements were to occasionally shift from one position to another; or, if one of the 'mind adventures' got too real, they would sit up and scream and be glad they weren't unconscious anymore. Then they would drink a lot of coffee.'

No comments: