translate

Tuesday 17 February 2015

END TO THE THUNDER BY FIONA CUMMINGS RP AWARENESS


End to the thunder

By Fiona Cummings

 

Look at the beauty before me

Some would gasp as I can’t see

But I tell them I see more than they do

For I have my minds view

It can be frustrating

Sitting and waiting

For the word

Then I would be as free as a bird

Out of my chains

Find my wings

Fly into the winds

And feel the air in my face

Find a place

I can look around

To see the sky same time as the ground

No more falling

Or hurting myself

Finding attitudes appalling

Left on the shelf

Because they don’t understand me

Just because I can’t see

I’m no different to them

If there’s a step

Just say when

Up or down

Left or right

My eyes and heart frown

Because they don’t know what’s right

I have a brain

I know how to talk

I have legs and I can walk

I have no vision

But I know how to have a discussion

I can even have ideas

So please end your fears

And just ask

Remove my mask

I don’t bite

I just have fight

As I need to do more

Open that locked door

With all of my might

But I still say I see more than you

As I see right through you

To your heart and soul

As I listen to your voice

I feel your pain

I smile when you rejoice

And cry tears of rain

Whenever you are low

You know where to go

Whenever I am sad

I am on my own

Because you’re the one who is blind

You are the person who is so unkind

  You don’t care

As long as you are alright

With your cold stair

With sight

I am open and warm

I feel when there will be a storm

My hand is here for you and yours

I have forever open doors

So I don’t see

And this hurts me

But I have an inner eye

And this is why

Because I was born to be blind

And no matter how I try

My destiny was to visit this darkness

To understand madness

See all the badness

And to know what is right from wrong

So I can go on

And show you I’m strong 

Because I am not going to lose

Just because this crime upon me

I did not choose

  I want to see

But know I have to wait

And believe my cup is half full

And I feast from my plate

I want for nothing

But to see like you

But to get there

I must care

About the world

And know my fortune isn’t gold

But is the light

So when I receive my gift

My sight

I will be always on a lift

A high

And will never ask why

But know it was meant to be

So I can help people like you and me

See, we are the same

Just have to play this cruel game

But the dice will land on my number

And I can say goodbye to this thunder

No more bumps

Not a single blunder

No more cuts

Or buts

I will be so happy and can say with hand on my heart

This is another start

I have had two lives in one

 Because together we are strong

 

 

Written for RP awareness month February 2015

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: