translate

Wednesday 25 February 2015

A BRIEF EPIPHANY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A BRIEF EPIPHANY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

As the new born lambs did frolic

In pastures bucolic

Hills of green did conflate

As storms no longer could wait

As I unfolded my umbrella

Creating a penumbra

There was something positively delicious

About my meeting it was surreptitious

Those close to me were suspicious

So I had to be careful

Damp due among a nettle

And a spring daffodil

Near a forgotten fence

Waiting for romance

Some would say dalliance

 Taking a chance

Among beauty so efflorescence

Suddenly it came to me

A brief epiphany

I did gambol

Among heather and wild bramble

Grasses so lissom

I could only listen

As the full river did Glisson

Bird’s melody so mellifluous

My excitement was ridiculous

Thoughts so sempiternal

I had to decide

Feelings I couldn’t hide

 Time now for an elixir

Thoughts so panacea

As the watery sun fell from the sky

And songster wings again did fly

A different temperature

Mother earth gave off such petrichor

The air filled with dulcet dreams

Branches bowed to me on their knees

As though to be evocative

For they knew I was in love

This secret had to have a closure

So as I waited, at the cynosure

My handsome prince did come

Twas there on bended knee

He proposed to me

Now secrets have all gone

And true we both can be

For together we sing our harmony

And create our family

Nature knew

Bells so blue

Daffodils yellow

Weeping willow

Life so mellow

Strings from a cello

Earth below

 And heaven so high

No more questions how or why

Till angels call us and we die

We live as one

In love, as our hearts fly

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: