translate

Monday 23 February 2015

MONDAYS DIARY HASH AND BOOBS


I think this is stereotyping blind people. I read this in the group I’m in today.   

Women being screened for breast cancer in Germany may find themselves in the hands of a blind examiner. The idea has been around for a few years, and unpublished research suggests that it really works - that blind people can in fact detect tumours earlier than their sighted counterparts

 Apparently blind people have detected a third more tumours than before. I have my reservations about this, but if it’s true, well, great, as I said in the group, more jobs for us. I know we are supposed to be good at massage. I will tell you why I think this is, because we are not looking around the room. There is nothing to remove our attention from the job we are doing. So we focus pardon the pun, on our clients. Listen to me, as though I am a professional masseur? Haha, well, you know, when money is hard to find? Better than the red light?

 

Oh there is a lady in the group who said today she went to her Doctors and went and sat on a man’s knee. I didn’t ask her how she knew it was a man. Remember when I went with Hub and we were looking for a seat and I put my hand right in between a man’s legs? Hahahahahaha. As I said then, he wasn’t very excited to see me.

 

Obviously he also was blind, and couldn’t see the delectable dolly bird coming towards him, right?

 

Haha. Now now, no need to be cheeky.

 

Well tea was a success. Hub loved it. I made Corned beef hash. I aske our Son if he wanted hash for tea and he was horrified. Well, it took me a while before I realised that hash these days means something else.

 

Basically it’s mash potato I also mashed sweet potato a little turnip and chopped onions. Then added some butterbeans and sweetcorn. Then when it’s all mashed with butter. I added the corned beef. Hub loved it said it was like his Mum used to make bless her soul. I do miss that lady. We got on so well. I loved it when she used to come to our house. It was so relaxing.

 

Well, it’s that time when I have to force myself to go on the treadmill. Thing is, I weighed myself today after over a week of exercise and I have put on more weight. But I do feel better when I do it.

 

It’s so cold and dark and windy though and the mill is in the garage.

 

Hub  was in there for half an hour. I have to find out what happened. I am smiling as I think one of our neighbours opened the garage as I heard talking and the door lifting. I hope he the neighbour didn’t bang Hub on the head like I did a couple of weeks ago? The door lifts inside the garage and hub is on the mill just where the door comes down at the top. I almost knocked his brains out when I did it? Haha haha. Ee, it’s not funny. Imagine that and he’s out for the count and I can’t find him? Hahahahahaha.

“Hub, where are you?”

No answer!

 

Hope your Monday so far has been a good one. Only four days till the weekend. Xxxx

No comments: