translate

Monday 31 March 2014

THE CAGED NEIGHBOUR


After a lovely day, teen in the bath, Hub and I chilling in the conservatory and guess what we hear?

Drip drip, drip.

Oh yes, the bath is leaking. Oh my word. What will happen to this blooming house next? So I have in my kitchen two china display units. Above one is the bathroom sink. That leaked a few months ago, the other unit now where the bath is and the living room where the en suite is also has a mark on the ceiling where that leaked before Christmas.

We get one thing fixed and another thing breaks. This house has to be the most unlucky one I have ever lived in?

Teen found out today he should have been to college. Hmm. Well, he thought he was broke up last week for Easter, but no. A week too early.

Not that it would have made any difference to him. If it says jump, he asks how high. One day she will tell him to jump and he will and how hard he will come down and let’s hope on top of something a bit softer only in fabric and hair than the ground and let’s hope it hurts what he lands on.

I think my Husband has a tapeworm. He has just had a large tea and now eating cereal.

It’s that healthy stuff; you know that you have to ask the race horse to munch for you before you even attempt to eat it?

It’s so funny hearing him talking about it as he eats it? Hehehehhehe. Sounds like hard work for sure.

So I learned today that in fashion is bird cages. In the shop I went into there were birds in cages everywhere. In pictures canvases ornaments and even material. I liked it, but refrained from buying any birds. But I tell you what I did buy?

Two lamps and I was so tempted to get out of my friends car and wave them to my neighbour who can’t understand why we have lights in our house!

Hahahaha.

OK before I go a quick joke.

A cab driver reaches the pearly gates. St. Peter looks him up in his Big Book and tells him to pick up a gold staff and a silk robe and proceed into Heaven.

Next in line is a preacher. St. Peter looks him up in his Big Book, furrows his brow and says, "OK, we'll let you in, but take that cloth robe and wooden staff."

The preacher is shocked and replies, "But I am a man of the cloth. You gave that cab driver a gold staff and a silk robe. Surely I rate higher than a cabbie!"

St. Peter responds matter-of-factly, "This is Heaven and up here, we are interested in results. When you preached, people slept. When the cabbie drove his taxi, people prayed."

 

I think tomorrow we are ready for a serious debate, how about it? Talk later. X

No comments: