translate

Wednesday 19 March 2014

SHOPPING BLIND WITH MORISONS


Good day Bloggets. My word. What a day so far. Well apart from everything else, my groceries were delivered. WE are very fortunate in the UK as we can get our shopping delivered to our door. We order on line and it comes in a van. Well I have decided to give Morison’s a go, as they are the latest company to do deliveries.

The website is very accessible for jaws users. This is my software that makes my computer talk.

As for the delivery? Oh it’s a comedy act. The first time they came, it was like a scene from a children’s program called the Chuckle brothers.

“To me. To you. To me!”

It took a knock on the back door as we had no steps into our house at that point remember? They told me who they were and said to give them seven minutes to bring my shopping

Say what?

I thought they were already here? Haha

Silly me, seeing elusions again.

Well I’m not sure who was the loudest, the guys banging about in their van with my shopping, or my builder making my steps?

Hub and I looked at each other in disbelief. “What on earth can they be doing?

When they came, in one bag was heavy milk on top of bread. Then the best one was bleach, on top of bread rolls. Dish washing tablets in with fruit.

Soapy fruit. Yummy.

Oh well, they were polite and nothing was broken and I can tell you that their salads and bakery as well as their fish, are amazing. So incredibly fresh too! And their salad items are really good value.

So the next week we had them back same kind of thing but they are all trained now, as today one man. Knock at my front door.

First question he asked as I stood at my door.

“Hi I’m from Morison’s, is it OK to come to your front door?

Haha. Me

“Em, no, best use the tradesman’s entrance around the back.

Hahahahahehehehehe. Joking I just said yes.

Well, the downside of this shop is you have to book your slot first as if you don’t, a lot what you put in your basket is not in stock, if you book your slot first it won’t let you put things in without them being available

Then you only get one hour? This is crazy, why not extend it to a hour and a half for two reasons, one we won’t panic buy pressured to getting our shopping in before we loss our slot and two, if we have longer, we may spend more?

From one extreme to the other, most of our shops have far far too much selection. Not Morison’s. Oh no, I typed in bananas and got the choice of three packs.

That is crazy the reason I didn’t pick them was because there were only five and I need about seven. Only Teen and I eat them and they don’t keep a week, so seven is perfect. But only three to choose from?

Their bread is amazing really fantastic value two large white loafs that don’t taste like cardboard, for £1.

I can’t fault their products for sure, but their packing people are ridiculous. I think must be kids, as today I was handed a thin bag with three huge cartons of milk in them. But then, a bag with a, I, stress,one as in one large bag, with one, cucumber. Haha.

No bleach on top of bread though. Perhaps because I didn’t order any bleach? That may be why, hey?

What do you think?

Anyway, then began the game of guess the box? So many things look the same and impossible to guess what is what. I have a friend who only buys what he wants that day so shops every day as he passes from work. Well, with the three of us that is too difficult and our local super store you have to phone and book a person to show you around and one of those people is a neighbour who is allergic to blindies, so feel a bit uncomfortable doing that also I don’t like the impersonal intrusion that a stranger is knowing what you are eating? It’s different somehow when it is done on line, then they don’t face you?

A bit like Ann Summers naughty knickers?

So I’ve been told!!!!!

Well my fridge is bursting as is my freezer. I feel like I am nesting for when we have no money. My Husband received his last pay cheque the other day it felt rather weird.

OK, I shall go for now, but will for sure be back. Take care with love.

No comments: