translate

Monday 24 March 2014

WAITING FOR THE NEWS


Good morning Bloggets. I hopefully will be able to let you all know about my Husbands job interview tomorrow. For sure within the next couple of days we will hear. It’s the waiting that kills you isn’t it? Tomorrow will be a hard day for him as he is to take all of his equipment back to his place of work. The place he has been working for 22 years. A huge leap for him leaving his job. A brave some would say crazy move. He has put so much into his job and I don’t even think he knew or realised just how much until he has had to close down so many groups and organisations he is involved in. He was president of one company and Chair of others and head of Braille so I think it will hit him hard tomorrow, as he is so passionate in what he has done and put 100% into his job, It’s kind of been his life since he was in his early twenties and he has had huge pressure from board members to stay on the panel of whatever he has been involved with. He is worried that perhaps the groups will get into trouble, he is like the Daddy of the companies, but there comes a time when Daddy has to hand over the business to the Son or daughter. Right?

 If not for his health, and for sure my nerves.

I lay in bed last night, thinking

“This is all too weird. Here I am, this just feels odd. I want to pack and I’m wondering wherever he is off to next, what will the tempriture be like? Will he need short sleeves, long? A waterproof coat? A warm winter coat or just a light jacket? Boots or shoes? Sandles? Casual clothing only, a bit of casual and dress? Will he need a couple of suits and how many ties?

What plug will he need this time?”

Then I remind myself that we don’t need to think like that anymore. But then I panic, thinking that I have got it all wrong and I don’t need to think does he know the time difference? Does he have his phone charger and itinerary? His Braille reference of his hotel stays and so on? It’s like having a huge department store and closing it down on your own and opening a market stall. Do you know what I mean?

This job affected all of our lives, my son never knew if Hub was going to be around, to help with any questions to do with his college work, and used to be school work? He didn’t know if something went wrong with his technology, if Hub would be there? He never knew when he went out, if Hub would be there when he returned?

I didn’t always know from day to day.

We never could plan anything for the future as far as two weeks.

As for two months? Forget it.

It’s like a big car crash and we have to put the bits together. Emotionally it’s just weird. It’s not like we are just fitting in everything nicely, there is far too much to do before we can sit back and say

“Few!”

This is why we really needed a holiday this Easter, but that isn’t going to happen now sadly. I really really needed a break. My head is all over the place. Financially if Hub doesn’t get this job we are stuffed and even if he gets it, our wages is half, I don’t care about that, it will be enough to keep the house. If he doesn’t get it, we will have to perhaps take up the offer abroad we have.

And that really scares me.

We know our way around here, even if it is incredibly limited.

We also have our new friends here now too. One of them I am going out with this afternoon.

What to do? Get my nails manicured? Hair done? Buy some flowers? Haha. No, not quite, but to buy a garden patio brush.

Oh yes Bloggets, your Fifi knows how to live it up.

Today at Teens College he will find out his destiny. He went to do work on his lap top the other day, Saturday and his drive from college has gone missing. An entire year of work. If it’s not backed up at college, he will not be able to do his course.

Today is my old BB’s birthday. Bless her she is 12 today. She had her treat before a large chew and later we will let herplay with a toy on her own so she doesn’t get knocked over by the other two brutes.

Hub said when he let them out to pollute the run today, there was ice on the fence, but it’s warm and sunny now.

Well I’m off to do some house work and then I shall get ready to go out with my friend Di then Hub and I off to the Doctors to see about the lump in my eye. I’m scared dot com about that. X

No comments: