translate

Saturday 1 March 2014

STEPPING OUT

 Sorry if this doesn't read very well, but been awake for two days now and really sleepy.
 My friend came over last night and said the new step looked really odd. I wasn’t sure what she meant until I went and had a look. Oh my God. Well, her daughter today summed it up and said it looks like the step into a pub?

I joked and said I wondered what all of the men were doing outside my house last night? But in reality, I feel sad, disappointed and absolutely fed up.

Our workman took five hours to make this master peace and it really looks stupid as well as it’s so dangerous.

I told my Husband last night on the phone and spoke to him at one this morning he was furious and wasn’t very nice to me.

Needless to say, we ended up not friends, as it’s not my fault. OK, I was here overlooking the job, but A, the man told me the stone had a red fleck in it and it doesn’t. B, he told me the size it would be in mm? Well, I don’t understand anything other than feet and inches... C originally I wanted the step to be brick the same as the drive. He said he had some beautiful stone and it was left over from another job, so he could do that and not charge any extra.

I couldn’t stand on the step until it was totally solid and solid it is, just looks bloody awful.

My one high step now is two long steps. I like to know the wall is there as I’m stepping out anywhere. I am almost in my neighbour’s front garden as I step off my step and she lives across the road?

OK, slight exaduration, but only slight!

So all night, I got myself into a bigger state as I knew it was me who would have to deal with the situation and I hate confrontation unless it is about animals or something then I will fight for them.

The time was passing by. I created a text and saved it to drafts as couldn’t send it waking the poor guy up through the night?

Oh I felt so let down. I just don’t know why people cheat us.

If we could see, this wouldn’t have happened.

Thank God for my friend who told me. Well, it was four  in the morning and I tried to phone my Husband as only eleven where he is in America.

No answer. I rang and rang.

Then he answered and again it wasn’t a good call.

Five a.m.

Birds were starting to sing. I was ill as knew I should have been able to sleep so I turned on my kindle to listen to a new book.

Only to find it was a book I had listened to a few years ago when it was the old fashioned way of tapes/cassettes.

Dam double dam.

Anyway, my mind was not on books. I tossed and turned I was also wound up about my boy. He was as you know at his Fathers. Of course my x took my teen to a bar. So not only would my x be drinking and driving, but teen would be drinking too.

Oh I was furious.

I just hate this culture of alcohol only.

My Husband told me something about someone we know too and that didn’t help me to relax, so it was awful. Then I heard the ice getting scraped off the cars in our avenue of all sorts.

Cars on the road were becoming louder. It was morning; my eyes had that dreadful razorblade feeling again. I got up at six and pottered around the house. I was going out with my friend and I would look a mess

So spent the morning trying to sort out the step. My Husband said wait until Monday, another two nights without sleep? I sent him the text.

He phoned me back streight away.

At first he was not good, but then he was OK.

So, after trying to wonder if I could manage with it, trying to persuade myself it would be OK, I thought, I’m going to have to live with the step and why should I put up with such an ugly thing?

To cut a long story short. He is going to fix it how I wanted it in the start.

But charge us more.

Anyway, I ended up going out with my friend and her Mum for a cream tea, this was rather funny as A, it was for the Mums birthday and they didn’t have any clotted cream. B the Mum wanted mint tea, but my friend and I forgot to ask for that so got her normal, which was such a shame bless her, as it was after all her birthday, but the lady on the till was a sandwich short of a picnic

Had a nice chat and got my brother in law a gift card for his wedding next week for M & S.

My brother is a good cook so they can buy some nice food I guess if they don’t need anything, as they have lived together for years.

My boy phoned me and he is in our town. He may be home tonight about ten.

He is out with the g

My Husband is touring parts of New York today then to the airport home tomorrow afternoon.

Then what next?

 

No comments: