translate

Monday 17 March 2014

CARRY ON DOCTOR PART TWO UNBELIEVABLE


Well, I’m back. What am I wearing?

Answer?

A smile!

Oh and some jeans and a jumper too! I’m not that brave. In fact not at all brave but oh God, please if you have not read my blog titled “Carry on Doctor, then please read that first then you will know where we are up to as this story as expected, continues but you will need the previous blog first.

So, here we go. I let my naughty pup Waggatail out to pollute my garden and Hub took out Long Chops. We put their uniforms on. Haha. Their leads and harnesses. Biscuits and oopsy bags in pocket and off we went, I almost lost my fingers as I fed Black beauty my old guide dog a treat before leaving her, as do still feel bad as she guided me, well, kind of guided me for ten years and now she get’s left.

Her little teeth almost took my fingers off as they are so blooming sharp?

OK, so off we went to the Doctors for the lump in my eye, remember? I phoned the Doctors today asking to see a doctor? Remember this, as is crucial to this blog.

So, out of my avenue of all sorts and began the long noisy walk to the medical centre.

On the way, we bumped into Louis. Our friend from our restaurant. Well. Not our, restaurant, hehe, but our local one.

We chatted with him; he wanted to know why I was going to the doctors. Em? Well Louis. It’s a bit like this.

You can imagine where my mind was going as my humour is a little controversial and perhaps not suitable for before the watershed? Hahaha. But no, I told him the truth and thanked God that I didn’t have an embarrassing problem to see my Doctor about? I told him it was the lump in my eye.

Bless him; his English is a little rusty. You know when you start a conversation and you half way through start to think

“Oh. God. Why did I start this and where is it going?”

Well, Louis didn’t have a clue what a lump was? Or bump, mark or tag. But he knows what noodles are? Hahahaha

He is so lovely we are so very fond of him, he told me as I tried to point to my eye, I looked fine, so I guess, I should have turned around and came right back home after seeing Doctor Louis? Hahahaha

I didn’t though, I continued and my Waggatail avoided the horrible bollards that prevent cars from ramming the window of the chemist. Well, put it this way, I think they are still there? My dog may be just walking normal and I’m giving her praise for avoiding something that the council removed some time back? Down the ramp and across the road car park and over more roads to the letter box and a biscuit was required by my Wagga. She totally refuses to take me further unless she is fed.

Spoilt brat syndrome, or what?

She walked me right to the door. Great. Then the terrified receptionist timidly asked if she could help me? Well, I think she was talking to me? As I answered.

Hub handed in his prescription and we were told it would be ready in a couple of days so surprising, nothing to fill in?

Great. I said I was there to see the Doctor. I mean, that is what I was there for? Em. That was what was said on the phone. A doctor’s appointment, right?

I wanted to find the seat myself as getting the receptionist to help is such stress.

For us as much as her.

Oh not only did Waggatail walk me to the seat we normally sit in, but this time, there was someone in it. Now this person would have got a thrill as when I bent down to feel for the empty seat, I put my hand right in between the legs of a man and how did I know it was a man???

Yep, you guessed it, but I can say Bloggets, he wasn’t excited to see me. Hahahahahahahah

Red faced but in disbelief as he never once tried to tell me he was there. I felt for a seat next to him and couldn’t find one asking the dog to find a seat. He could have said there is one to your right? No, he was mute.

Hub found one and called me over

“Over?

He shouted. Hehehe

Seriously, we waited for about twenty minutes. My name was announced. I followed where the voice was coming from, then as always, silence. It’s so weird they wait until you are almost in their room, before they talk with you?

Then they say do you need help?

“No, I’m here for the fun of it.

Anyway, she looked at my eye and said

 

“oh, I don’t know really what’s wrong with it; I will give you drops though so I will write out a script.

Then, you will have to see a Doctor!!!

“Now Bloggets. Forgive my ignorance, but is that not what I was there for? Who the heckers like was I seeing?  A piggin cleaner?

I speak very clear English. I asked for a Doctor’s appointment. I hear very well. I was told that the Doctor would see me today. I ended up seeing a nurse.

So she told me I had to make an appointment for next week.

OK

It improves.

I then asked her if I could have my blood pressure checked as I needed my H R T pills and was told this morning I couldn’t see the quotes Doctor for both things and would need to have two appointments?

She told me I would have to see a Blood pressure person for that. I said I have an appointment on Wednesday, she then said. Oh yes. It’s with me…..

OK, can I have it now?

Yes. Why not? My sentiment entirely.

I swear. I thought my right arm was going to drop off. Hell. If my blood was going to be normal after cutting it off?

Anyway, it was OK so I needed a script for H R T. She said she would sort both out today to save me coming back. Great another result though I still had to come back to see a Doctor about my eye.

So back out into the reception. Hub met with me at the desk as I told him I had a script to pick up.

He after leaving the safety of his chair, was told we would have to sit and wait.

The receptionist then came and handed me my script. Great. Right?

Em. Nope.

Out of there, and walked to a chemist. I received half of my tablets, as they covered the Braille Date with one of their stickers and she told us that I could get half now and in a week, back for the other lot as then I would know where I am with dates as these tablets are only OK till July.

I waited for my eye drops. No eye drops. No script. A phone call to the Doctors. Oh yes, my prescription was waiting at the surgery for a Doctor to sign it…

Oh God help us.

So still no drops but I will say this. The chemist lady said she would bring my script to my house at Hope Avenue this afternoon.

I’m forever hopeful.

X

No comments: