translate

Tuesday 25 March 2014

PUNCHED BY A JAFFA


A really difficult day for my Husband today. Oh boy we did cry. He came home from his office and they had given him a lovely gift of vouchers for Hubs favourite shop. John Lewis. Also the best gift made him a book. A tactile book with two aeroplanes on the front cover with Hubs name on it with a star for one of the letters. The book was full of Braille notes from colleagues. Hub was in tears as he read them to me. He couldn’t read them at work in the office too upsetting. Too emotional. He had phone calls from the chief executive and more people and about ten people came to say goodbye. Oh some of the messages were so touching. My Husband was in disbelief, just what people thought of him. He is a saint in my eyes. This was the biggest step he has ever dared to take and he has taken some pretty huge steps, as especially since we were reunited some years ago.

I just can’t believe how upset I feel? This is crazy, right? This is what we want, right?

I guess we are in a new zone and we don’t know what it will bring. This is the grown up world we are living in. I do believe that when you can’t see, you need help support and parents to tell you you will be alright?

We need our Mums.

People are saying that his new role will not be demanding enough, well, I know my Husband and he won’t help himself by putting him right in the thick of it and he will wake up his new colleagues.

I hope he will be OK?

I also hope my poor brother in laws new wife, so my sister in law. Tonight we received the news that she has breast cancer. Only a couple of weeks ago, we were at their wedding. See what I mean? We just have constant worries. My poor in-laws. She is a beautiful lady and I pray that all will be OK?

For my eye. Hmm. My Son said I look like I have been punched. Remember the orange dye the Dr Put in? Well the dye she said would last two hours? Yesterday?

Em?

24 hours later, guess what? I’ve been tangoed

I told my boy if I have been punched, it’s by a huge Jaffa orange.

Its really really cold here so off to bed soon to get toasty warm. Love you sleep well. X

 

No comments: