translate

Friday 28 March 2014

BATTLE WITH THE DEVIL BY FIONA CUMMINGS BOSS OF SIGHT PAY BACK


BATTLE WITH THE DEVIL (BOSS OF SIGHT 2)

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

So you stole from me my life

Sliced my sight with your knife

You want a battle?

My gloves are on

Is it me you want to rattle?

I am now strong

I know I will carry on

Yes my eyes don’t see

All the dirt in the streets and misery

And miserable faces staring back at me

In my mind

I know I’m blind

And your friends

Are so unkind

But you know something

I can sing

You haven’t stolen my voice

To sing I have a choice

I’ve heard you try to do a tune

Your witch’s cats come out like a sudden bloom

Fill your filthy room

With spray of hell

You hate this I can tell

You try to go in the other direction

OK, your evil fingers are blocking my view?

You look at your reflection

Who stairs back at you?

In my memory I’m still that young girl

 With hair of gold and eyes of blue

And you stole my vision but I have no lines

You committed murder

But I did no crimes

I haven’t aged since you cursed me

Look at yourself all bitter and twisted

Ticking off names that you have listed

Who is next for your devil potion

Not me

I’ve took precaution

You are nothing but a silent abortion

I’m not afraid anymore of my darkness

Your knives don’t scare me with their sharpness

I don’t feel the pain you wished for

You can knock but I won’t answer the door

I see more than you ever will

I know living; you only know how to kill

I keep giving, but to you I never will

 When you are dying, I won’t hand you the pill

Gasping for air

I shall stare

Then when you are long gone

I will carry on

Seeing the beautiful world

With my eyes of blue and my hair of gold

In my mind

All will be bold

The word blind

Is a word that’s been sold

No one is buying

Blindness is dying

We see more than you

And always will

Oh to fight you

Is such a thrill

 

No comments: