translate

Sunday 2 March 2014

VICTORIAN HOUSE AND THE TEENAGER


 

 Good morning Bloggets. My Husband will walk through the door in an hour. Thank Goodness. Teen got in last night at eleven been out with his GF.

He is leaving now to go to Leeds with her again and will be in at ten tonight.

 Oh God, what will my Hub think of the step? My boy says he loves it it is a shame to remove it. You just don’t know as a blind person what the heck looks good unless like me you used to be able to see, then, you only picture or remember what you knew way back when.

So this kind of door step, I have never had.

As for how dangerous it is, could I get used to it? Am I being a wimp? I mean, you should have seen what we used to put up with at boarding school?

Considering it was a school for the blind, oh God? There were stairs all over the place as it was a Victorian building and steps down onto the lawn where we played and the equipment that my  Husbands dad made for us to play on, was also shall we say

Rustic? Beautifully made, but no guide lines on health and safety in those days.

We also had the steepest valley we used to run down and in winter, sledged down the valley and bounced off the barbed wire at the bottom, keeping out what we used to call parkies, the children who were a little rough who used to frequent the park at the bottom of our grounds.

The same parkies who burnt our school bus down sadly.

Just said bye bye to teen who has just walked right through the house with his boots on the boots he also walked right down the dirty drive covered in cement and mud. Really, makes me sick.

How many times I have to ask him to remove his shoes at the door? I mean, it’s easy, isn’t it?

I brought downstairs from his room the other day six cups and glasses and a plate. I found two cups last night in his bathroom as I was going to bed so I put them on his sink so he would see them and remember. I asked him three times today to bring them down. He said he would.

As he left the door, in a hurry of course, I asked where the cups are. He said he couldn’t find them.

Really, my blood pressure is high, as I know too he hasn’t given his bird water. Again.

This is why I love to go away with Hub to a hotel. As there is nothing to stress about, apart from hoping teen and dogs are safe.

Perhaps all this doesn’t sound much to you, but when you can’t see, you need to know your house looks as good as possible and when you have friends staying over or coming, you don’t want’ mouldy cups laying around the bathroom? Or plates on the floor, as we don’t find them unless we get on our hands and knees and feel for them. This is how my Husband vacumes. I don’t, but he is better than me as of course I miss bits.

As for the boots? Well, we have mud on our carpets, how do we know?

I asked him to have a look around the garden to see if the dogs have missed the dog run? No time, so on with the rubber gloves and bent over trying to feel the whole area now for the mess as builder coming tomorrow.

Stressed and fed up dot com.

 

No comments: