translate

Monday 10 March 2014

THE WEDDING PARTY


Yesterday morning was quite relaxed as I got my clothes ready the night before. My Son looked absolutely beautiful. He wore his grey suit with a matching waist coat, pink shirt and matching tie. My Husband and I were both in pink too, so I guess you could say we were in the pink?

We took the train for half an hour and my brother in law met us at the station. Onto the wedding we went and sat in the bar. I had a couple of orange juices

Then the groom came in and he was so anxious bless him. Little did we know then, not as anxious as he was about to be?

As the guests came in my boy went off to talk with family members and we got told that we would be split up and not on the same table as people we knew. Oh God, I felt bad at this point, as I hate the initial hello.

In came the best man, my Brother in laws young lad. He’s about eleven now, so almost the same age as my Son was at our wedding.

So lots of sounds blended in with the talking, music and bar tools.

As a blind person, this is the most difficult time, in crowds. I have friends who don’t mind it at all, but I can’t stand it. As conversations by others, just blend in with each other. People laugh and we feel as though we also should be laughing as to sit with straight faces is not a good look….

Luckely we were next to our other brother in law, the other twin to who was getting married and he’s always the life of a party.

Time to go through at last, we were told 2.30 for the start of the wedding, but turned out to be 3pm.

As we walked through the narrow corridors and down some steps, I left the sounds of the repetitive bar music and entered a quartet playing classical music.

We were all told where to sit. My Son walked in with me. The three of us were on the second row. Front row was the bride’s Father, my Father in law and the grooms oldest Son

Behind us was the other twin brother his lovely partner who I love and get on so well with. So from what I can gather, we were in rows of three! There were thirty at the wedding.

Well, the music played, and played, and played.

My boy told me that the groom looked terrified. Bless him, I was four minutes late for our wedding, and my Husband was having palpitations.

But fifteen minutes had gone by and no bride. Oh God I was starting to feel a little scared for the groom.

Then there was silence from the quartet.

Few, at last.

No!

The music started again.

Oh God, this was not good.

Then in walked the lady who would marry the couple. She asked who had lost a bracelet.

Haha. I wanted to say, who has lost the bride?

She walked out and back in again, then out again. Where on earth was our bride?

Again the music stopped. OMG? At last she was here. The little bridesmaid was the daughter of the groom. Of course, I couldn’t’ see what she was wearing and my audio descriptive Son didn’t want to talk during the wedding. I can see why?

Her Son gave her away and did a reading.

It all went very well, no mistakes at all. I could hear the nerves in the bride’s voice though bless her.

My Son did whisper she looked beautiful and I found out afterwards that she was wearing a long white dress with silver in it. Her hair was half tied up and she had decorations in her hair too with a white cape across her shoulders.

We walked out, went into the reception where there was a tray of champagne

I was so hot. Really boiling. It was so warm outside, sunny and ridiculous tempratures for March.

My suit was really too warm.

So I drank the cool liquid. Then into the garden for photographs.

Oh the garden was lovely, really pretty with a river running across it with ducks in. Then came the crunch. All the men had to go to one end of the garden, me? The other with the ladies. My boy went with my Husband, and thank God, the bride took my hand and I went for next lot of photos. Then we had to go for pictures in groups. My Brother in laws partner laughed and said we were like waiting for results for the x factor.

Waiting for our names to be called out.

After about an hour, we went back into the hotel. We had to arrange a later taxi for our departure as five and we hadn’t had the meal yet. Our taxi was due for half six.

Thank God my friend and her Husband was seeing to the dogs, but still they were going to be left so long in their small enclosure.

Back to the bar. I didn’t drink. Then for the meal. I had the toste for the bride and groom, of Bucks Fizz, a sip of white wine and that was it.

The meal was nice and the decorations on the table were lovely. Very tall feathers.

The service was amazing too!

We all had hearts on our table, the were tins of sweets.

Thank God, on our table was our brother in law and his partner. Teen was on another table.

Oh the heat in the place was unbelievable. I was dying.

After the meal teen and I stepped outside

Reflecting on the day. He enjoyed himself so I’m glad about that. It was lovely to see the family too.

I am glad the lovely couple are married now. And I wish them a happy life. My Husband was in the bar, buying very expensive whisky. Oh God, I was dreading that, as whisky and he don’t get on at all.

He was with his Father though and they had a good catch up.

Though of course his Dad and eldest step brother, did have a conversation about how their sight isn’t as good as it used to be, feeling rather sorry for them. My Husband endured as much as he could before having to comment saying that he had no sympathy for them. They laughed thinking it was funny.

People can be rather insensitive. My friend tells me of late how she can’t drive because of an operation. Oh she went on about it for ages. How could she for two weeks, not get out of the house? Well, join the club honey, as we live like that 24/7

So, said bye-bye to family and left the party, to get into a taxi whereby he, the driver, didn’t know where the train station was? Haha. Oh god, only us this could happen to?

I mean, not to know where the train station was.

What?

Get me out of here?

That’s what I thought.

At last we arrived at the station, as a helpful member of the public directed the driver. We had never been there before so we didn’t have a clue.

But a local taxi driver?

I hate waiting at stations at night time, as especially the ones that are not manned. This particular station are famous for suicides, as the automatic announcement tells of the fast trains that are about to come through the station, without stopping and they come at speed, so to be careful. Well people are not careful there.

My what speed they go too? Enough to move me slightly, thankfully not in the tracks.

On the train home though and back to our dogs, we made a fuss of them and played with them for half an hour exhausting them before bed. I was shattered, just the concentration of the full day. I hope they all enjoyed themselves as the party went on after we left.

Their married now, so another member of the family and welcome she is. X

No comments: