translate

Friday 28 March 2014

GAY WEDDINGS?


Good evening Bloggets. My Son left the house tonight and won’t be back until Monday. His . . . of a girlfriend has booked a sleazy night in a hotel as that is what decent seventeen year olds do, right? Just proves what I already knew. Mother’s day Sunday will be a blast. Really looking forward to it. May go to town tomorrow, I have got cabin fever but been so busy working with Hub on his new job and how he will get there. As I have said before, most people who can see get in their car and off they go. Hub has to work his way around how he is going to pay over a hundred pounds per day to get to work and back.

It’s really cold dark and damp here in the North of England. I’m fed up now of the winter. We in the UK used to have four seasons. Now? Hmm. Not even sure we have three?

I brushed my old girl BB today, she is dropping to bits. You could stuff two cushions with her fur.

Hub kindly made my tea as I am not in the mood for eating.

I have been writing all day emails for Hub and helping him to file and phone.

My eye is still seeing white at the bottom, but not as painful as before.

When I was out with my friend the other day, I bought some curtains and bedding for the guest room that were in the half-price sale. They all match and Hub and I hung the curtains and put the bedding on the guest bed today. It looks lovely.

I hung a picture up and I’m sure it is right in the middle of the wall. How do I know? Hmm. Good question, I can only hope. Haha..

I bought an electric oil burner today. I think safer than a candle. I love it, it’s so effective. So I burned something my friend bought me, they look like chocolate buttons. They smell of coconut and a hint of vanilla in it too. Our lounge smells lovely and even disguises the smell from the beasty girls.

We were watching a program before about York Minster Cathedral. It’s really interesting. They were putting a new stone statue of Saint Peter. He will be one hundred and fifty foot into the air but Peter himself, will only is seven foot of that, so a hundred and forty three foot of whatever makes him so high. They said they had to make his legs from knees to feet much shorter than what they would be in real life, because of people looking up at him and him looking down at them. The old stone from the building and parts that were deteriorating got auctioned off and the smallest bit sold for £60 and some parts sold for one thousand four hundred pounds. For bits of stone?

Cathedrals have girl choristers now. When I was a child, only boys and men sang in Cathedral choirs. I have to say, I don’t like girl singers until they are adults. I love to hear boy singing in Churches/Cathedrals.

So if we go to town tomorrow, I will come back with stories I’m sure. It’s been so long since Hub and I went to town on our own, weeks, I am a bit anxious.

At midnight tonight, Gay people will be able to marry. What do you think about this? I personally have no problems with this. My in law and a member of my family are gay I also have a great friend who is gay, but I feel a bit odd about calling it marriage?

I think they should have some kind of ceremony and for sure they should have the same rights as a man and woman marrying, but to call it Married/marriage? Hmm. Just a bit strange to call it the same word I guess.

I think they should have another name. Only one in five people in the UK would say yes to an invitation to a gay wedding.

A priest on our news wants to marry his long term partner. If he does, he may lose his job as a priest. And so he should? Right? I mean, Nuns can’t marry either. Is that roll not to be married to God?

Oh it’s all a mess really, two people love each other. Want to be together for life, why change the rules/law? Why not just live together?

A lady also on our news heard today for the first time thanks to a revolutionary stem cell treatment.

Amazing. Can you imagine that? I mean I know to get sight for the first time, is really difficult, you have to learn what everything is. If you see a dog, you won’t recognise it as a dog. So if you hear a dog barking, you will have to learn what it is too?

How must that be to hear sounds for the first time in your life?

OK, Hub now having a turkey sandwich. I’m off to make a cup of tea. Until tomorrow but before then a joke.

Did you hear about the elephant who was always left out of things and thus felt irrelephant?

 
 

No comments: