translate

Monday 17 March 2014

CARRY ON DOCTOR


Good morning Bloggets. Oh my word, wait until you hear the latest from our local GP’s office? (Doctors)

As you may recall, I have been trying for two weeks to get an appointment with our Doctor. Every time I call before ten in the morning, it’s engaged. After then, they say I am too late. I told you about when she said that she could make me an appointment with the other practice and I said I was blind so only know the route to this one. She then told me she would give me instructions over the phone to tell me how to get there?

I said I can’t I’m blind, only know how to get there one route to my local practice. She told me to listen to her and she would give me instructions how to get to the other one by car. I said I can’t drive, I’m blind, she then went onto saying that it was an easy route? Hahaha. Thick or what?

Anyway, today the fun continues. I got through after only ten minutes of trying, unbelievable?

I firstly said that my Husband needed a repeat prescription. She asked if he had his bit of paper. I said he did, she said he will have to put it “Through the box at the practice then wait 48 hours to come back to the practice and take the prescription to the chemist.

Now then, this will be fun as I’m sure it will have to be filled in so when we ask at the Doctors for the receptionist to help to do that? Oh my God! She struggles showing us where there is a seat? She will have a nervous breakdown when she has to fill something in for us. Whatever happened to just phoning saying what you needed collecting it then going to the chemist? I mean why bring this paper home and still have to go through all of the rubbish? But it gets so much better.

So, I then say I need an appointment about my eye. She makes one for today. Great a result? Em. Not quite. I tell her I need my tablets prescribed again for the next six months. She asks what are they? I tell her the name of the drug. She says and I quote.

“Oh you are wanting the pill for contraception? Hahahaha. Well, let me tell you Bloggets, it’s a bit late for that as I had a full hysterectomy two years ago and the tablets are for H R T

So when I laughed, and I couldn’t help but laugh, I told her that it wasn’t the pill but H R T, her answer? Remember that one is to stop a baby the other is for when babies can be no longer.

“Oh well, there much the same thing.

Hahahehehe

Say what?

But then she said I would have to get my blood pressure checked for the renewal prescription. So I would have to make a new appointment?

No, I will get it done today when I see about my eye?

No, I can’t do that. It has to be different appointments.

Me, why, are they different Doctors? Receptionist

“No, same but different reasons.

Oh God?

So I will ask the Doctor today if she will spend one minute doing my pressure to save me doing the long walk to the Doctors again on Wednesday. I mean the receptionist also told me that my eye was an emergency but my blood pressure wasn’t?  Well, pressure may not be, but my piggin H R T tablets are? Hahahaha. So if I get all hot and start to throw plates over the next few days, not my fault!!!!

So, off I go now to the Doctors. Wish me luck as I am sure I will have a story to tell when I get back, along with all of my infections I will pick up on  the way. Haha. Xxx

 

No comments: