translate

Monday 3 March 2014

SEVENTEEN TODAY


Good morning Bloggets. Remember the step our workman lovingly designed and took a full day to do?

Well, he’s back, Removing, smashing it all up.

Collectively we decided that it just wasn’t safe enough, he also made it too far from the house and it would stick out like a sore finger, so back to the drawing board. I do feel bad about it.

The sun is shining brightly considering it rained all night and most of yesterday.

Hub has a day in lieu after his trip to America. Oh he has a great blog on that, he’s writing right now, so will be ready later for you. I must say it sounded much more interesting than I first thought.

Today is my Sons birthday. He’s coming home from college. It will be dark then, and then he will take his first driving lesson.

In the dark.

I just hope it’s not raining too?

I also hope he really enjoys it. He will be a natural at it I’m sure, as his Father was a confident driver as was I? Haha.

Really, I did drive, very naughty and not to be recommended.

It was in an industrial park and the other times were in car parks. And I wasn’t totally blind at that point. I just wanted to feel what it would be like to drive. My Husband also drove a racing car. That was a proper planned day for V I P’s though.

I bought my Son a birthday card with an L on for driving learners licence. I thought that was rather appropriate.

It put a smile on his face this morning.

Of course, we have the hanging balloons outside tied to a ribbon.

I bought them with my friend the other day. I thought it would be safer to do that with her rather than me using the ones I still have from a couple of years ago? As last year, my teen did laugh when he saw them, as they were all but one, pink.

The other one was yellow.

These are all red. I didn’t dare get a multi pack, as I did a couple of years ago, then must have by coincidence, used all the dark colours and only left girly pink ones. Oh. And a yellow one.

It does look funny though hanging balloons with the rubble from the builder out there? And half of our lawn up.

So at eight tonight, we will have of course his tea party. I know he is seventeen, but it’s cute I think and who says getting older by years means you have to act old and boring?

Haha.

He had a nice time with his Father and he got a kind gift from him, and my dear friend from where I used to live, gave him some money to go towards more driving lessons, if that’s what he chooses. My friend has a card for him and she made him a chocolate cake. Bless her.

Oh and then there is my aunt? He will open what she sent him through the post tonight. We think by giving it a little squeeze, its shampoo. He is crazy about his hair products, well, all products.

I can’t believe its seventeen years today since I gave birth to him? My little perfect angel. No one warned me of how much hard work children are? Emotionally more than anything.

I adore him and pray this year will be a good one for him and he will see changes in his life that will benefit him. Make him stronger but face facts too and see his map for life, get a job that he loves and feels like he is going places, even just as far as a better future than the one he is waking up to now?

He’s so handsome and clever, I just hope he doesn’t do a me, and blow his life.

As for my life?

Well, we have had a real shock of late and know our life this year has to change. Just how it has changed, I will tell you tomorrow.

For now until Hubs blog, later gators with love. X

No comments: