translate

Thursday 20 March 2014

UNKNOWN PROMISES


OK, off to bed now, I pray to God I will sleep better than the past few weeks? My Husband has an important interview coming up for a job. After filling in application forms, at last an interview.

He has been offered a job in Canada. It was about three this morning; we were talking as we were both wide awake and he turned to me and asked how I would like to live in Canada?

Em!

Canada?

I guess that’s not what I would call a local job?

A bit far to travel to our bank and bakery?

Haha.

I will keep you informed how he gets on over the coming weeks on his search for a job, but we are now together as we should have been from day one of meeting again after 28 years of being apart.

Who knows where we will end up, but let’s try closer to home first?

We feel like we have been hanging on a shoe string for weeks, I need a result now, even if it means my Hub can’t get a job, and will have to wait a while before he is lucky in the work place as there are thousands of people looking for work?

He is so amazing though an a brilliant brain

I can’t tell you how proud I am of him. But as we lay in bed last night/this morning, the thought of him never going away abroad again was just freedom. I will miss his colleagues at work though and I got to know some amazing people, like a guy who speaks nine languages and is so sweet and genuine. Then there is another gentleman I met who to watch him work was so interesting. He and my Husband used to be such close friends as well as colleagues and though the guy was German, they spoke the same language, the language of empathy and success.

My Son had another driving lesson today. His third. The instructor was great and he and Teen get on well. More importantly, teen is reversing and turning corners after only the third lesson. He is taking the small round about too and travelling up to 60mph

In England though we have to take what is called Theory test first before we are allowed to take a driving test. So this involves reading and remembering.

So he is a long way off his driving test as the theory will be the struggle for my boy, whereas the actual driving test, I am sure he will pass without trouble. He’s a natural. I am so glad he is working out OK with it as I wrote about the guilt I was going through because I couldn’t take him in a car and teach him myself, but my sighted friends said that they also didn’t teach their kids and my friend Di said that she learned from an instructor rather than her parents, so the guilt was lessoned.

It’s bitter cold outside. Hub and I just took the recycle bins out and the air nipped at my skin.

OK shall go for now and hope to sleep. Tomorrow is a brighter day and full of unknown promises. Xxx

No comments: