translate

Saturday 29 March 2014

DEAREST MUM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


DEAREST MUM

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 Dearest Mum

How I miss you

I just want to tell you face to face how much I love you

I never got to say goodbye

You could fill the ocean with tears I cry

Because after all these years

I still need you

Painful rusty tears

Are crying to hear your voice

Just one more time please

I want to feel rejoiced

To have your arm around me in hard times

What did I do to deserve losing you

The most dreadful crimes?

Not that I know of

All I did to you was love

Then you were taken away

Today is Mother’s Day

And I’m left with a broken heart

Why did we have to part?

I really miss you Mum

I still laugh

But nothing will ever again be truly fun

I want to find you I need to run

You are out there

I want to hear your words of wisdom

I wish I could come home

To taste your dinners again

But I can’t and this leaves me in pain

To smell your baked cakes

To see your kind eyes

To know you love me unconditionally

I adore you completely

Oh Mum if only you knew how hard today is going to be

If only you could just come back to me

 I want to buy you a card

It’s all too hard

To hear about other Mums with their children

I wish I could buy you a mother’s day gift

Your favourite perfume

Something nice for your living room

Just to see that smile on your face

Please Mum make this all a nightmare

Come back as no one will ever take your place

I ache for you Mum

I love you with all of my heart today and every day

My soul is crushed has been since the day you went away

 

No comments: