translate

Thursday 27 March 2014

BOSS OF SIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


BOSS OF SIGHT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Who gave you the right?

To remove my sight?

Who, made you boss

You, decided the battle I would loss?

What did you gain

When you inflicted your pain?

Tell me did you laugh out loud

Or even feel proud?

Why me

Did you pick one out of a crowd?

I can’t see

Do you know what this means to me?

I no longer can look into my child’s eyes

No matter how wonderful I never get a surprise

I don’t see a friendly smile

I without chains can’t even walk a mile

I can’t drive a car

See a star

Enjoy the scenery

I live in misery

Hold my hand out in front of me

There’s nothing there

Family? Really? They don’t care

On my wedding day looked into the mirror to see my face

Death stared back at me wearing lace

How old do I look?

How good do I look?

I can’t pick up a book

Read a birthday card

 Enjoy a venue

Read a menu

I’m different to others

Like the weed among all flowers

So who gave you the powers?

Tell me please?

Are you able to reverse your cruelty

Is this beyond your duty?

I’m now on my knees

Begging you

Who stole my vision where are the thieves?

I know when it’s autumn but can’t see the leaves

Don’t know what a cloud looks like but feel a breaze

I sliced my wedding cake

Said it was beautiful

What a fake?

Am I bleeding?

In danger from the unseen snake?

Am I leading

Who’s following me?

Am I alone

Or being watched by you

I pick up the phone

Is it you on the other end?

No longer I can pretend

This blindness sucks

It’s close to madness

Cups full of sadness

 Kettles of boiling water

Jugs of milk

From cows gone to slaughter

When will I wake from the nightmare you have created

Just open my windows and I will be elated

Let in the sunshine

All will be fine

I will forgive your spell

This sentence in hell

Set me free

Just please, let me see?

No comments: