translate

Sunday 4 August 2013

THE SUCCESSOR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE SUCCESSOR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 I thought I had found life in you

I hoped your feelings were true

But as time went on

I realised I was wrong

You built me up

I was a full cup

Then you tipped me upside down

Leaving me wearing a frown

When I was with you

I felt like I needed a crown

Now you have gone away

I can’t face another day

My world is crashing to the ground

Others seam so happy all around

I’m all alone don’t you see?

What is it about me

Where people while their feet on me

Leaving me in misery

Salted tears paint my face

Rags replace what once was lace

My life is such a disgrace

Who will help me please

Pull me up from my knees?

Will I ever trust again

I need a pill to remove the pain

What can I do

Put on some other shoes?

Throw away my old life

Open doors to another land

LearnI’m the only one who will understand

 There is no one to hold my hand

I ask for strength to step forward in this world

Please show me pathways full of gold

So wealth can support my expensive tears

To operate and remove my fears

Metaphorically of course

Bring to me a large white horse

I shall ride hills of life

Trot through rivers with  cool waters like ice

Feel the sun on my head

Will forget the feelings of anger

Which left me red

Find healthy wonderful power

Forget those feelings of dread

A new life

 From a silver spoon I shall be fed

Silk sheets will lie on my bed

And fine wine I will drink

Only good thoughts of a floating ship

No longer will I sink

All this wealth will be a successful trip

I don’t need money

Or delicious honey

Just to live like a millionaire

Wonders I wish to share

Not monetary gifts

Just happiness which lifts

My heart to the top again

And remove this pain

 Allow my sadness to become tame

        And its successor shall win the game

 

No comments: