translate

Monday 19 August 2013

DOXFORD HALL CH 1


OK, so last night, teen came in at quarter past eleven in the evening. We had gone to bed; we were exhausted, because of all the moving of the furniture, bedroom drawers, glass unit, sofa’s chair, TV Unit, piano and even more ornaments

Also, all of the stress about the painter and, Teen would not answer his mobile apart from once when I asked him to come home to help us to move things.

 Well, we did it on our own, little does teen know, but we were going to give him a good some of money for looking after the dogs, but now it’s halved and if he does a bad job when we go away to our break, it will be half that much again.

I was sure Teen was not going to come home last night, so this morning, if he had not have been at home, we would not be able to go away. We also would not be able to get any money back on the break either.

Or the train tickets.

Nightmare I just wanted to sleep.

Just close out the world, as if the teen didn’t come home, the painter would not be able to come, if, he did  bother to come, after all my calls to his switched off  phone and it just going onto answer machine.

Then the other half of the electric work that had been done would not be able to be continued. Then the joiner would not be able to do his stuff and the radiator would not be able to get fixed by the plumber and our new sofa was due/ is, due at the end of the week, so no decorating, no nothing.

 Teen did come home, but I was really cross, because he just strolled in not even a

“Sorry Mum I am so late. Sorry I didn’t come and help you. Just streight to bed.

Oh, he did complain that we had put all his shoes from the shoe rack in the porch that will be painted, in a bag.

He angrily told us he would be annoyed if his good shoes were spoiled.

Flipping cheek. The one time I did get to talk to him, was when he told me he could not talk, because he was helping his girlfriend to tidy up after her premature birthday party. He had the audacity to say

“Mum, it’s unfair to make the poor girl do the work on her own?

What, but it’s alright to make his parents do all the work in the house?

I had a good chat with teens Father yesterday, rather interesting, but it was good to hear.

Well, we woke up very early this morning, as had to disable the bed, Vacuum the bedroom and get ready to supposedly go on our break.

Eight o clock came, no painter like promised. Quarter past eight, still nothing and at last teen got up, though complained saying he would have to go back to bed after waiting,

Half an hour. I told him he could not go back to bed, as the painter may come at nine, or even ten! He did stay up though, and was great.

Hub could not take any more stress. Our house was upside down and he can’t cope with me moving one item of furniture let alone two full rooms.

I joined him. Left teen complaining that there was not fresh chicken or fish in the fridge.

I told him, there was fresh bacon, sausage, vegetables and salad. There was loads of food in the freezer. It was only two meals in the evening he needed to cook. He is a great cook too by the way.

So Hub and I on the drive, waiting for our taxi. Hub not wanting to go as he was completely worried about what we were going to do about the painting?

Our taxi came.

Thru the closed locked front door, we heard teen shouting the best words we have heard in a while.

“It’s not your taxi, but the painter.

Oh my God. Thank our maker. We are blessed. OK, Hub said I kind of over reacted, as I literally jumped up and down on the driveway, it’s OK though, as our drive is as good as a golf course with all of its pot holes.

So I knew I couldn’t cause any more damage with my fully figured bulk.

The painter told us, he had a new phone, and he thought he gave us his new number. He didn’t I can assure you.

Happy faces we were then on our way. Can’t wait for my next adventure. x

No comments: