translate

Monday 26 August 2013

STREET GOSSIP

Well, back to work today and here I am back up to my normal rubbish not being able to sleep. I’m sitting in the living room; the smell of paint is still rather over powering. The room is full of echo and it still has that feeling of massif achievement. My day was interesting yesterday. We went out to our neighbours, J. He was having a BBQ. We just had a drink there, I didn’t demolish a bottle of wine like the first time I went, Hub shared one with me. Our friends brought one to us yesterday, so we had one in thank God. It is one of those BBQ’s where by everyone takes what they want to eat or drink. Well, it’s too hard for us, so a drink was OK, but getting to know the street, was better. There is a really nice lady who I get on well with and another one who comes from the same neck of the woods as me, who I just got to know tonight, what a blooming funny person she is. OMG? Hahaha. She had Hub and I in stitches. You can’t beet the northern humour. Well, what did we learn about our street? Firstly, the local Gypsies are looking with great interest at our red bench that Hub was given for his 20 years’ service at his work. What a cheek. I pray they leave it alone. Then, we have found out our neighbours, the nice Indian family from next door, have new additions. Their Mother and Father are over here now, looks like to live. So in that house, there are about seven. There are two Chinese families in the street. They live so their gardens back onto one an others. So they have knocked the dividing fence down, and now they share a long garden. Just three doors from us, on the other side of the road, there is a transsexual. He/she, comes out all dressed up, wig, make up, high heels and over the top dresses. The other night, a silver ball gown. Oh there were lots more to be shocked if you are easy shocked at, but couldn’t possibly say. Then there is us… Haha We came home, a minute later I received a text, saying “Mum, I’m ten minutes away. Please can you open the door, as I’m in my PJ’s? Oh well, that will go down well, with the street for an audience? Teen was brought by his girlfriend’s Father. My Son came in and could not believe the difference in the house. He was almost tearful. His voice was really emotional. He just kept saying, wow. Wow, I can’t believe this. It is wonderful. Amazing. Class beautiful. Then the best one “Mum you both have done really well for blind people. If I was to have a house, I would do my lounge just like this.” He was nice, calm and happy. Thank God the opposite to what he was when he left. We talked about his time at the music festivel. To me sounds like hell, to him it was an adventure for sure. Some very scary moments and shocking prices for food and drink, but he really did see his hero’s in the music industry, for this I am glad. It’s great to have him back safe and more than anything, happy. My poor Husband has his awful eye pain back really bad. His eyes are always in pain, but they flare up from time to time, and now not good. I hate it when he is not well, as it makes me feel unwell too. My friend in the US, DD, American/English Dad, has to apply cream to his head, where there is cancer cells. The cream brings the cells to the surface and then they can get to them with ease. Sounds great, I just pray it works. Today, I have so many phone calls to do. Lots of emails to answer and think about how to help Teen get over this part in his life, without making out it’s my idea. This is his choice, it has to be. OK, more later, take care. x TEEN HOME

No comments: