translate

Friday 16 August 2013

FRIENDS WHO DO LUNCH


We have just got in from a fantastic lunching with two beautiful friends from our first school. Oh it was so good to see them, now we are sad to say goodbye to them, but I hope to see them again very soon. They are dear friends, and have hearts of gold.

We went to a pub on the river, well, not really on the river, but alongside it. We had a meal, it was OK, but I could have had a bag of chips, just the company was great.

The boats went by; the sun was out to welcome them and a great time which went too quick.

Back to packing more ornaments and that now is my living room totally empty of all things small. I have tried to call the painter, oh God now there is stress. He is not answering again.

He just turns off his phone. He is due on Sunday morning. At 8 o clock. At nine we are going on a two day break. Leaving teen kindly looking after things for us.

We are giving him money for it and have asked a couple of neighbours to watch out for things…

When we returned home yesterday, there were some very odd things we discovered.

I won’t say anymore on that subject, only, before the turn of the year, he was the most honest person alive.

So we have things everywhere the house is in a right tip. I need this guy to come so badly. I have called him a couple of times, no answer. What a nightmare? I mean tomorrow, we are meant to move the huge piano and move out the couches for this man coming the day after. All my pictures are down and I have started to tear off the wallpaper.

Please God, let him turn up? He said he would and he is a great painter, but since him and his wife have split up, I am sad to say, he is not quite so reliable.

My boy is away till tomorrow. I really hope he is coming back then, all I need now, is for him, not to come home, our train is booked for just after nine on the Sunday morning.

Six boxes upstairs in the guest room and stuff everywhere, no teen to see to the dogs and no painter to do our house? Not what I need for a chilling holiday?

We are to meet with our friends from where I used to live when we go back to Northumberland, but she is seriously ill, as is her Husband, oh poor sweet people. I really hope they are or will be OK? He is waiting for a heart operation, she has been so ill for weeks, and the Doctors are doing nothing, we fear she has cancer.

Glad to say my DD in the US is on the road to recovery and a kind lady has looked after him a couple of days, I still wish we lived closer to help him. I feel so bad he is on his own when he has had such a huge operation.

Right, going to try this painter again. I shall write part two of London later. xx
 

No comments: